John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:11:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Arcade Ideas  (Read 4455 times)
VertexGuy
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 10:23:08 pm »

Its gonna be pretty hard to recreate an entire bowling alley center.
That's where I use to go play my fav arcade machines.
MastarArcade

"Boomshakala!" ...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 10:41:28 pm »

I have the same problem adding carpet to my arcade, this isn't my permanent home, and half of the garage still stores a car, I have been considering an epoxy floor with UV reactive chips in it as a compromise, something else you can consider.

The issues is the hardness of the concrete floor to me. It's just not that comfy to stand on and it can get cold in the winter months. Currently I have anti-fatigue mats all over the place and they feel great. If I was to install carpet putting the pads on top would be dumb. Putting a foam underlay would cause problems with moving things around as the wheels would sink and would most likely damage the carpet. Curious if just the carpet alone would provide enough give.

Hey MastarArcade, how easy was it to put the black on the walls? Did one coat work easy enough? Do you think it'll be a challenge to paint over it again with something lighter?

I used Benjamin Moore BEN Matte paint - Color: Black Jack. It took 2 coats and I was painting over completely white walls.

Mastar's Arcade YouTube Channel

Games: FiFJr, Gyruss, OutRun
Pins: Black Knight, Fish Tales, Flash
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: