John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:32:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr. Do replacement buttons  (Read 3457 times)
jammadude

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:26:14 am »

I am looking to replace all the buttons on my Mr. Do. They are unique and I would love to keep it close to original. Really its the only item on the machine that needs to be cleaned up/replaced. I have fixed all other issues. Thoughts? Any rare stash someone might be selling?

Danny Ogg

Hi im Dan from Sweden!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:59:09 am »

I am looking to replace all the buttons on my Mr. Do. They are unique and I would love to keep it close to original. Really its the only item on the machine that needs to be cleaned up/replaced. I have fixed all other issues. Thoughts? Any rare stash someone might be selling?

From looking at pictures on KLOV and the net in general, i seems like there was many versions of MR DO! Could you post some photos of your cab/buttons so people can figure out what kinda buttons to look for?
jammadude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 09:15:27 am »

Yep will do, tonight. Not at home right now. The are very flat odd looking buttons.
Tighe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 04:52:11 pm »

The red button version are unique but if you have the orange buttons they are pretty much sanwa buttons.

I show both in a video I recorded yesterday:
http://youtu.be/Rf824OdMtiw
jammadude

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 06:38:42 pm »

So mine is exactly like the one at the very beginning of your video, minus the hacked joystick Smiley I assume that's what you mean by red.
Tighe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 07:58:07 pm »

So mine is exactly like the one at the very beginning of your video, minus the hacked joystick Smiley I assume that's what you mean by red.

Yes, you could just swap them with orange Sanwa buttons as those were used in later cabinets.

But the other option is to clean the old buttons, lube them with a little armorall and replace the leaf switches.
jammadude

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 09:01:44 pm »

OK I got some Sanwa button from a friend today they looked a little small but when I got home I worked on the cleaning and got it back to normal. I will hold onto my Sanwa buttons in case. Smiley Thanks!
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 12:12:47 pm »

The red button version are unique but if you have the orange buttons they are pretty much sanwa buttons.

I like that CP with the two tone leaf buttons look bad ass and ill be following your Mr Do revitalising &  btw cool videos...

I watched your G07 monitor repair video when you toss the board in the sink, honestly I thought you were crazy, I never thought of washing circuit boards like that, you proven to me its just fine to do so if you do it right...
Tighe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 07:18:16 pm »

I like that CP with the two tone leaf buttons look bad ass and ill be following your Mr Do revitalising &  btw cool videos...

I watched your G07 monitor repair video when you toss the board in the sink, honestly I thought you were crazy, I never thought of washing circuit boards like that, you proven to me its just fine to do so if you do it right...

I won't work in a unwashed chassis. You end up filthy and the first even can get in the solder.
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 12:02:32 am »

I won't work in a unwashed chassis. You end up filthy and the first even can get in the solder.

I'm jonesing, waiting for updated Mr Do videos on your project....
Tighe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 07:00:44 pm »

I'm jonesing, waiting for updated Mr Do videos on your project....
I have been busy the last few weeks. but I will get back to it.
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 01:15:48 am »

I just seen this old advert posted by someone online, it looks to be the euro version of a Mr Do cabinet

did this get made? anyone ever seen one in the wild ?

Tighe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 11:56:49 am »

I just seen this old advert posted by someone online, it looks to be the euro version of a Mr Do cabinet

did this get made? anyone ever seen one in the wild ?

English cabinet.
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 08:04:55 pm »

Tighe: looking forward to your video updates.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: