John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:32:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Straight up. What single machine are you working on now the most?  (Read 4420 times)
VertexGuy
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 06:46:57 pm »

yeah that's a nightmare restore. berserk.
Good luck with all those boards man

Just going Jamma/Jrok  

you mean you don't want to restore that fucking massive board stack?
It's not in there anyway, it was Konami Yie Ar Kung Fu, I am going the easy route with Jamma/Jrok I know, but I always intended to with this one. Board should be here next week.

Yeah those things aint cheap either.
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 09:56:19 am »

working my ass off on my DIY pinball machine. I put up a little video of my solenoid driver board the other day. gotta buy some ply and start messing on the layout and working on the main control board. lots of shit happening!

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 10:33:19 am »

yeah that's a nightmare restore. berserk.
Good luck with all those boards man

Just going Jamma/Jrok  

Cost me £105 shipped, for once exchange rate going in my favour.
you mean you don't want to restore that fucking massive board stack?
It's not in there anyway, it was Konami Yie Ar Kung Fu, I am going the easy route with Jamma/Jrok I know, but I always intended to with this one. Board should be here next week.

Yeah those things aint cheap either.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
Aeolus7

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 08:42:50 pm »

I've spent a silly amount of time messing with my Space Invaders cocktail I bought non-working. 

1) I rebuilt the power supply & replaced a fried resistor
2) replaced the board set (it actually had a Midway EM game PCB called Submarine an operator probably stuck in there by mistake.  They do look similar
3) cleaned control panels & rebuilt the buttons & sweet lever-style joysticks
4) Bought a backup chassis and capped both the old & new
5) figured out the new chassis didn't work in the cocktail b/c it didn't have relays to make the screen flip
4) got the new chassis to work beautiful, but attempted to swap boards between frames to trouble shoot the original chassis, but fried the HV diode by discharging improperly (B&W monitors are a while different thing)
5) got frustrated & sent the original chassis to Chad at Arcade Cup for repair
6) added the Braze 8-in-1 multi kit
7) finally works perfectly!

It felt like I've been working on it forever.  The monitor still needs to be tweaked once and a while

Lineup: DK, Vs Unisystem, Mario Bros, Bally Vector, Stern Meteor, SI cocktail

WTB: Burgertime, Galaga, PC10 cabinet, Pacman Cabaret, DE TMNT, DE Batman, Taxi, Funhouse, BTTF
VertexGuy
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 11:19:15 pm »

I've spent a silly amount of time messing with my Space Invaders cocktail I bought non-working. 

1) I rebuilt the power supply & replaced a fried resistor
2) replaced the board set (it actually had a Midway EM game PCB called Submarine an operator probably stuck in there by mistake.  They do look similar
3) cleaned control panels & rebuilt the buttons & sweet lever-style joysticks
4) Bought a backup chassis and capped both the old & new
5) figured out the new chassis didn't work in the cocktail b/c it didn't have relays to make the screen flip
4) got the new chassis to work beautiful, but attempted to swap boards between frames to trouble shoot the original chassis, but fried the HV diode by discharging improperly (B&W monitors are a while different thing)
5) got frustrated & sent the original chassis to Chad at Arcade Cup for repair
6) added the Braze 8-in-1 multi kit
7) finally works perfectly!

It felt like I've been working on it forever.  The monitor still needs to be tweaked once and a while

Yikes, this is my next project
bally space invaders deluxe cocktail.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: