John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 10:35:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vs. Sky Kid  (Read 3037 times)
jtdollard

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2013, 04:23:34 pm »

Ok so i picked up Sky Kid the other day and am having a hard time getting it to work any suggestions on how get this thing seated and working.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:59:05 pm »

Ok so i picked up Sky Kid the other day and am having a hard time getting it to work any suggestions on how get this thing seated and working.

Are you sure it is good?  Are the cpus and ppus installed correctly?   Is this a uni system?  If so,  are the chips on the correct side?

Take your time installing it and use firm pressure directly over the sockets.

jtdollard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:04:32 am »

It was sold to me by a klov & NEACF member as a working daughter card. But I really don't have much faith in the seller it took him 2 weeks to ship it although during that time he told me it was shipped. It also was really badly packed wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap with a few pieces of paper in the box. What i do know is the Vs main board I'm using is good, the dips and chips are set correctly and the CPU is good. I guess the next step is to move the roms over to my RBI card and check them.  Just on the surface the board looks brand new it even has the original stickers.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 08:33:33 pm »

It was sold to me by a klov & NEACF member as a working daughter card. But I really don't have much faith in the seller it took him 2 weeks to ship it although during that time he told me it was shipped. It also was really badly packed wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap with a few pieces of paper in the box. What i do know is the Vs main board I'm using is good, the dips and chips are set correctly and the CPU is good. I guess the next step is to move the roms over to my RBI card and check them.  Just on the surface the board looks brand new it even has the original stickers.

Not sure what to say! Who sold it to you??
jtdollard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:49:22 am »

After much testing I believe that this card was killed by ESD assuming it worked when shipped. I have tried it in both of my Vs cabs to rule out power supply problems. I have loaded it with RBI Baseball & TKO Boxing both of which work fine on there own daughter cards.  Moral of the story don't ship PCBs in a single wrap of clear bubble wrap in a box filled with newspaper, also don't buy from wickedbass on KLOV because he is slow to ship and does no properly pack items.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 06:31:01 pm »

After much testing I believe that this card was killed by ESD assuming it worked when shipped. I have tried it in both of my Vs cabs to rule out power supply problems. I have loaded it with RBI Baseball & TKO Boxing both of which work fine on there own daughter cards.  Moral of the story don't ship PCBs in a single wrap of clear bubble wrap in a box filled with newspaper, also don't buy from wickedbass on KLOV because he is slow to ship and does no properly pack items.

Wow, that sucks that you can't get it working. I would try contacting wickedbass and let him know what issues you are having.
Joe3693

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 01:56:02 am »

Not likely to be a static problem, most of the older boards and chips are not static sensative. They should survive an em pulse.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: