John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 02:59:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: English mark darts super 6 pickup  (Read 1946 times)
cyberjedi

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2016, 11:00:08 pm »

Managed to find an English Mark DArts super 6 pretty cheap and was fairly easy to get going again I just had a few loose connections. I just have one problem. If you insert a while a game is in session it resets the machine. Pretty easily avoided but not sure what the heck. Is this standard for this machine? Also was curious what updates if any are available for this machine. 
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 11:12:05 pm »

Managed to find an English Mark DArts super 6 pretty cheap and was fairly easy to get going again I just had a few loose connections. I just have one problem. If you insert a while a game is in session it resets the machine. Pretty easily avoided but not sure what the heck. Is this standard for this machine? Also was curious what updates if any are available for this machine. 

there are rom updates. The credit board, the small board, changes the credit settings.
cyberjedi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 10:39:13 am »

John do you have any experience with a USB Eeprom writer? Found the chip I needed. I have gone into the spider writer several times and put some text in but it keeps getting erased?  Thanks.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 11:58:27 am »

John do you have any experience with a USB Eeprom writer? Found the chip I needed. I have gone into the spider writer several times and put some text in but it keeps getting erased?  Thanks.

Is that an NVRAM issue? I am not sure how it's saving the spider data.
cyberjedi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:04:24 am »

Upon further review it looks like I need a mk48z02 SRAM. Battery is probably flaky.  All of the data in the report screen is glitchy as well. Did you update to a newer ROM on yours? Just curious what it added if anything.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 10:13:50 am »

Upon further review it looks like I need a mk48z02 SRAM. Battery is probably flaky.  All of the data in the report screen is glitchy as well. Did you update to a newer ROM on yours? Just curious what it added if anything.

I did use the newer rom version. But, I did that so long ago. I have no idea.
cyberjedi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 10:43:00 am »

Thanks John - don't let anyone give u crap about having a dart board in your arcade - darts are awesome.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: