John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:33:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Qbert Wells Gardener K4900 replacement options  (Read 1565 times)
Slseed1969

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2016, 08:52:42 pm »

I have a Qbert with original WG k4900 with lots of burn in. Is it possible to swap in any other 19" crt since it's pretty near impossible to find another without burn in? Can I take a generic 19" TV tube and attach it to the board in my k4900? Are there differences with the sync or rgb connections, neck board, etc...  I should be concerned about?
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 12:24:44 am »

if you are talking about a tube swap yes you can do that.  There's a list of TVs that have compatible tubes out there somewhere...I just forgot where to look.. 
Slseed1969

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 07:15:58 pm »

I'd consider a tube swap if I thought the boards would all work, but I haven't found a good source of information on compatible TVs. I found this document but it only lists one Sanyo model for the k4900. Is there a reason the other 19" models will not work?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ph-otN27oZer7PGlg6IkacwA_Wpjoa6mbFpAr1qVpsk/edit?usp=sharing
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 06:26:01 pm »

I'd consider a tube swap if I thought the boards would all work, but I haven't found a good source of information on compatible TVs. I found this document but it only lists one Sanyo model for the k4900. Is there a reason the other 19" models will not work?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ph-otN27oZer7PGlg6IkacwA_Wpjoa6mbFpAr1qVpsk/edit?usp=sharing

The thing is that all tubes weren't made exactly the same and vary by manufacturer.  You can put in other monitors than the 4900 if you can't get it working....I think I have a fried or two who put in a new old stock Visionpro but that can be expensive and hard to track down. Thanks to Oboma's EPA it's illegal to make or import new CRTs which I think is bad for restorers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: