John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:28:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 60 in 1 Sounds  (Read 15972 times)
jasonsmith

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:01:46 pm »

I've heard and read a lot about the sounds being distorted on the 60 in 1 boards. I found a video that I think describes exactly what I've been told. You can hear distortion on almost all games, most just a little though, but some like Gyruss, 1942... it's really pronounced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La1t9BEO7-Q

Can anyone verify that this is what the sounds are like? The video was posted in 2011, maybe the sound issues have been fixed? idunno.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 02:18:54 pm »

I've heard and read a lot about the sounds being distorted on the 60 in 1 boards. I found a video that I think describes exactly what I've been told. You can hear distortion on almost all games, most just a little though, but some like Gyruss, 1942... it's really pronounced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La1t9BEO7-Q

Can anyone verify that this is what the sounds are like? The video was posted in 2011, maybe the sound issues have been fixed? idunno.

I think in general, that board sucks. Smiley

I hear this new board is the one to get these days. The sounds are way better:

http://www.hollandcomputers.com/store/pc/Jamma-412-IN-1-PCB-Classic-Vertical-Arcade-Multigame-Game-Board-p8310.htm
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 02:40:05 pm »

I had a new 60 in 1 one and moved it on after I got pacman and donkey kong out of my system.  It's a good entry, but didn't keep my attention, i found I was not playing the machine.
Gyruss was very bad for sound, but playable.

I now have that 412 in 1 Vertical (blue elf) as described by John, the only game listed that sucks on the board is Gorf.  There may be others, but this was one I went straight to, and it's just all wrong.

It's the same as the 138 in 1, you just swap the SD card. 

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:47:57 pm by lesoleil70 » Logged

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 03:11:36 pm »

verify what the sounds sound like..

Ok some games work perfectly fine... like donkey kong and donkey jr..
you can just shut off the games that you don't like in the settings so they show up in the list.

then some of the games like gyruss sound like a real low quality washed up version of the game sound .. like if its playing through a blown speaker.

I have the 138 in 1...  it has the same issues, plus a lot of bullshit bootleg games ..  the 9 in 1 which they only put the games that work decent .

and a 19 in 1 same thing ..

jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 03:22:52 pm »

Interesting...

I am worried that I'll get sick of it that's why I don't wanna be destructive with it's installation into my Ms Pacman Cab. I was hoping to use the Ms Pac Jamma adapter and use stock controls. I know many of the games won't be playable but all the ones that I want to play will so good enough. If in time I really like it the thought was to get a different control panel with a trackball and all the buttons.

The game elf 412 states that it can use the standard cab power or an atx molex. As I want to plug this into my Ms Pacman cab without messing with anything, will a Ms Pacman Jamma adapter work you think with this? Not sure if those adapters have the power connections removed due to requirement of the ATX supply for the iCade 60 in 1's.

Gotta say though the 412 has what appears to be a lot of bloat, also the adult games won't be any good with the kids in the house. The 60 in 1 had pretty much all that I wanted, but don't wanna waste money on bad sound.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 03:33:51 pm »

you can just shut off the games that you don't like in the settings so they show up in the list.

then some of the games like gyruss sound like a real low quality washed up version of the game sound .. like if its playing through a blown speaker.

I have the 138 in 1...  it has the same issues, plus a lot of bullshit bootleg games ..  the 9 in 1 which they only put the games that work decent .

138 in 1 - pacland....a joke, have you tried that?

Agree with what you say about the GYRUSS, even though I'm playing the shit out if it.  Best sound I've heard on emulation is coinops.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:37:05 pm by lesoleil70 » Logged

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 05:20:19 pm »

The sounds do get annoying sometimes... It almost completely ruins Gyruss on the 60 in 1..  Sad
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 05:22:18 pm »

Ya, I'm sure compared to the loud stereo speakers of the Gyruss Upright they super suck.
arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 07:25:18 pm »

For the money the 60-1 is great.
Did I read it right? The 412-1 sometimes doesn't match game sounds to the right games and doesn't save high scores? If so that sucks!

STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 08:34:44 pm »

I have the 138 in 1...  it has the same issues, plus a lot of bullshit bootleg games ..  the 9 in 1 which they only put the games that work decent .

138 in 1 - pacland....a joke, have you tried that?

Agree with what you say about the GYRUSS, even though I'm playing the shit out if it.  Best sound I've heard on emulation is coinops.

yes I have, my turbografx 16 console version whups its ass...

I get my boards from here
http://www.hollandcomputers.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=2391
offset

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 09:37:39 am »

I have a 60 in 1, the sounds are terrible for Gyruss, Time Pilot, but it is still a good price and fun for a lot of games (the (Ms)Pacmans, games, etc).  I'm waiting for a 412 in 1 to arrive (mostly for Qbert), but hoping Gyruss and Time Pilot sound better.
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 10:46:17 am »

Please keep me in the loop on how your 412 in 1 sounds. I'd love to find a decent, working option. I read the high scores don't save on the 412, that's too bad. I guess cause there's too many games. The most highest score saves on the 60 in 1 correct?
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 04:01:05 pm »

for the money it's worth it - some games are flakey, but you get to discover new gems.

I discovered a sega game called Tac/Scan.  Don't remember it in the UK arcades, but it's this and Juno First that keep me coming back to this unit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GCgCdu55YI

jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 09:23:58 pm »

Hey that is a cool looking game. Gonna have to mame that one.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:39:25 am by jasonsmith » Logged
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 11:47:41 am »

Tac/Scan is super fun wow, thanks for the heads up on that one. I have a feeling the 412 in 1 will be well worth the money as you said.

EDIT: Check that, Juno First has just beat out Tac Scan. It's got some Gyruss sounds and feel being Konami from the same time frame, love it!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:55:21 am by jasonsmith » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: