John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:06:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newb American now living in Europe....  (Read 1584 times)
Grainbelt Jones

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2018, 12:14:50 pm »

Hello everyone, I hope all is well...

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have come to the forum off an on to learn and see whats going on in the arcade world. I grew up playing in the 90's and love the beat em ups and classic i used to bang on with my father. I originally got into learning electronics from working on my pride and joy classic samplers, like the MPC 60II, S950, and the SP 1200, 12 bit samplers for that grit and crunch.. I am a huge music and vinyl nerd and moved to Europe to pursue my dream of pressing 90's style boom bap and funky house music on vinyl. I have also had a passion for games and gaming in general my whole life, as well as comics, I actually still have a bunch of things in my storage in Seattle I will rescuing soon. Anyway where arcades comes in, I would like to start up a small collection, and eventually when I open a record shop or something in Europe, I would like to own a few machines. Even now I would love one or 2 just for personal use, and that is where i will start, a personal collection. Since working on old gear from this era is similar to samplers and things i am interested in not just the hobby but the craft. Anyway I don't want to get too wordy but i don't own any machines now but would like to get into the scene out here in Europe. I'm Hoping to connect with everyone apart of the craft, but it would be really cool to connect with those in Europe as well, and maybe gain some pointers on the scenes out here.

cheers and thanks for checking this out!

darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 03:40:14 pm »

welcome to the crew.  EU cabs are different but fun sometimes
Grainbelt Jones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 11:56:48 am »

Thanks for the welcome brother, just trying to learn the craft!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: