John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:58:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inverted Color Screen Issue  (Read 3842 times)
Maxlovin

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:49:31 pm »

I own a red tent..one side is playchoice 10 the other is vs goonies. My question is the monitor on the goonies side is all inverted colors and wasnt sure if it was the goonie board or the monitor it's self. I was wondering if it was the monitor how to fix it or if it is the board would putting a new board in the machine make it work or how to fix the goonies board

basically the blacks or dark colors are white and the lighter colors and reds are a greeny blue
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 05:19:56 pm »

I own a red tent..one side is playchoice 10 the other is vs goonies. My question is the monitor on the goonies side is all inverted colors and wasnt sure if it was the goonie board or the monitor it's self. I was wondering if it was the monitor how to fix it or if it is the board would putting a new board in the machine make it work or how to fix the goonies board

basically the blacks or dark colors are white and the lighter colors and reds are a greeny blue

Can you post a photo?
Maxlovin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 01:14:53 pm »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12388908@N06/6240922207/
andddd
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12388908@N06/6240920881/in/photostream/
Maxlovin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 10:50:53 am »

any help? any suggestions?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 06:20:25 pm »

I wonder if the wires from the yoke to the monitor chassis board are switched around? Or if the monitor has an inverter board and someone accidently plugged into that? You should see where the video for the monitor is going. Is it plugged into an inverter board?

Maxlovin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 01:48:46 pm »

ummm I'm kind of a newbie ..I dunno what any of those things are that you just mentioned Sad anyway of getting a diagram so I can check if that is it ?
Maxlovin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 02:15:24 pm »

hello? any diagram or something where I can find what I am looking for. I would hate to have to buy a new monitor
Phalanx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 04:42:11 pm »

hello? any diagram or something where I can find what I am looking for. I would hate to have to buy a new monitor

I'm new to the restoration business, but generally these issues aren't an indicator of a bad monitor itself. Usually.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 01:18:17 pm »

You're missing the red color.

Check the connection and your red color pot or it could be the transistor that drives red.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: