John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:50:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Nintendo Arcade games  (Read 1409 times)
jtdollard

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2013, 11:53:15 am »

Ok so I traded a guy in my town a working SMB for a Working Hogans Ally and 4 nonworking(untested) boards that he got in a large lot that came up for sale in here in Nashville last week.  So the boards are DKJr, DK3, Popeye, and Mario Bros.  They are all missing there EPROMs and most of the socketed chips but other wise look clean no on the surface problems.  So my first goal is getting the DK3 working I know it needs 2 RP2A03 CPUs like the ones on the Vs boards and I have a few of those so no problem there (But if any one has to many of them I would be glad to ease you burden just PM me Grin) What i need is to know what type of EPROMs this board uses  and what the chips at 6 B&C on the CPU board are so i can replace them.  I am also needing the same info on the other boards EPROMs and any other socketed ICs.
jtdollard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 03:41:03 pm »

Ok so after some digging I think I have answered this my self the IC at 5C is a Z80A and the IC at 5B is a Z80A DMA controller and the CPU board EPROMs seem to all 2764's and the Video board EPROMs are 2732's. Now my question is Does anyone know If there is any thing special about these Z80A's or will ones like these work?

http://www.arcadecomponents.com/cata...45/5235864.htm

http://www.arcadecomponents.com/cata...45/1690834.htm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: