John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:18:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stern Transformers Pro issues  (Read 2172 times)
ArcadeJunkie2099

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:25:08 pm »

I recently acquired a very nice condition Stern Transformers Pro pinball machine.  I'm having a variety of issues with this guy, and being my first pin, I'm a bit lost.  The main problem is every once in awhile, the machine just goes dead during game play.  The LCD is still cranking away, but the flippers become non-responsive and the lights on the play field completely shut down.  In doing research on this issue, I'm not sure if this is actually part of game play (I doubt it) or a problem with the machine.  Being that I bought this from a bar, I'd be more inclined to believe that it's a problem with the machine itself.

The other issue I'm having is it seems to be eating .  They just disappear.  I haven't built up the gumption to completely take the machine apart, but I'm pretty sure some of the are going where they aren't supposed to be going.  I spoke to the previous owner and he said that there was a guy who would come in daily to play it and really liked to tip it and knee it and crap like that, and when he got a TILT, he would take out his drunken frustration on the machine by slapping it, kneeing it, and even punching it (main reason the previous owner got rid of it).  I'm glad he told me this information BEFORE I bought it.

Any ideas?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 04:13:44 pm »

Could it be the tilt sensor is too sensitive which is why it's shutting down?

I would check the switches where the are disappearing. Perhaps it's not registering those when they go down there?
ArcadeJunkie2099

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:07:07 pm »

Checked the tilt sensor, it's not as bad now, but it still happens.  I think it may have something to do with one of the legs on the thing too, had to prop it up with coasters since the adjustable foot is missing.  As for the missing , found a spot underneath where the metal had bent a little bit.  Popped it back, and now I don't lose and can actually activate the multi-multi ball now Cheesy
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 07:16:43 pm »

Checked the tilt sensor, it's not as bad now, but it still happens.  I think it may have something to do with one of the legs on the thing too, had to prop it up with coasters since the adjustable foot is missing.  As for the missing , found a spot underneath where the metal had bent a little bit.  Popped it back, and now I don't lose and can actually activate the multi-multi ball now Cheesy

Nice! Pinballs aren't really hard to work on. Most of it is common sense type stuff. It's like working on a bicycle. Very mechanical.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: