John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:07:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Well it finally happened. ;)  (Read 2465 times)
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2013, 11:07:12 pm »

Hello and today were in the forum! Sorry couldn't resist my imitation of John. {means that in all good taste}

I'm Shadaw, I'm from Iowa and I research games that takes currency trying to learn how they function. I have plans on making my own arcade machines, pinball machines, and fortune tellers. Among many more arcade items I hope to produce in my life time.

I'm here to make friends and learn things. I'm always open to a conversation so if you want to talk feel free to pm me. You can also find me on facebook under The Ghost Quarter.

As my skills progress ill be posting videos to youtube. Thanks for taking the time to read this hope you have a good day.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 11:23:42 am »

Hello and today were in the forum! Sorry couldn't resist my imitation of John. {means that in all good taste}

I'm Shadaw, I'm from Iowa and I research games that takes currency trying to learn how they function. I have plans on making my own arcade machines, pinball machines, and fortune tellers. Among many more arcade items I hope to produce in my life time.

I'm here to make friends and learn things. I'm always open to a conversation so if you want to talk feel free to pm me. You can also find me on facebook under The Ghost Quarter.

As my skills progress ill be posting videos to youtube. Thanks for taking the time to read this hope you have a good day.

Sweet! Thanks for joining the site. You're gonna start making your own games? That's awesome! Make sure you share your creations here, I'd love to see them!
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 12:30:43 pm »

I plan on it, I can't decide if I want to go into business doing it or if I want to make them for my own use. Trying to find a simple step by step guide to understanding these types of machines is impossible.

I know about the book project arcade, I'm not interested in mame though I believe in if I'm making a machine I want an actual machine.

Without saying too much I'm currently working on the concept design for a airship mystery pinball. It makes sense if you saw the concept design.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:45:44 pm by Shadaw_The_Rampage » Logged

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 03:04:11 pm »

I plan on it, I can't decide if I want to go into business doing it or if I want to make them for my own use. Trying to find a simple step by step guide to understanding these types of machines is impossible.

I know about the book project arcade, I'm not interested in mame though I believe in if I'm making a machine I want an actual machine.

Without saying too much I'm currently working on the concept design for a airship mystery pinball. It makes sense if you saw the concept design.

That sounds like a cool steampunk theme for a pin! Smiley
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 03:41:08 pm »

I actually wasn't thinking steam punk but I might or might not go that route now that i think about it. I've got a unique idea for the back glass too. That however will stay hush hush for the moment. ;)

arcade renaissance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 07:58:28 pm »

Please consider going into business. Arcades need new stuff to mix with the classics.
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 12:41:54 am »

Please consider going into business. Arcades need new stuff to mix with the classics.

It's not as easy as it sounds, that's why I'm here to learn. I have every intention of building my own arcade machines with unique games and going into business doing that.

I actually need experiance with everything, I've never even picked up a sauntering iron. Truthfully I'll be getting more into all of this when I move in the next few months restoring dead machines and hopefully building new ones shortly after.

I have intentions of after getting established building fortune tellers, pinball machines, and automata too.

I'll explain what I mean by automata at another point and time. ;)

Jack

Jack Kirkpatrick

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 11:54:03 pm »

That would be cool if there was a "Jersey Jack" of Video arcade games. Are you planning on 8-bit or modern stuff?

Jack
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 03:41:16 pm »

That would be cool if there was a "Jersey Jack" of Video arcade games. Are you planning on 8-bit or modern stuff?

8 bit to start and work my way up to modern.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: