John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 06:07:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Guide  (Read 4153 times)
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2014, 11:30:46 am »

Hello everyone,
I don't know if everyone has seen this price list
http://www.arcade-classics.com/exidy_arcade_price_guide.html

It has been a useful resource for me but I would love to hear what you guys think are good prices.
Maybe John could make a list?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 12:19:15 pm »

Hello everyone,
I don't know if everyone has seen this price list
http://www.arcade-classics.com/exidy_arcade_price_guide.html

It has been a useful resource for me but I would love to hear what you guys think are good prices.
Maybe John could make a list?

Yes, I have seen that list as I made the website template and logo for Jon. LOL! Smiley

I considered making a price guide myself but I wouldn't want to step on Jon's toes as he is a friend.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:54:56 pm »

I completely understand. there have been a lot of games that don't show up on the price guide and I am more interested in different opinions on prices. Price guides help out beginners  (like me!) to make sure they are getting fair prices.

zds76

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:41:29 pm »

Was just wondering after looking at the prices. Im in the PNW there are not many games and i have gone as far as 6 hrs one way to pick up games. Most of the games I see in my area are in the range of $400-$1500. Most of the good condition games go for $800. Was just wondering if different regions of the country have higher or lower prices. I really like the Nintendo Vs cabs is there a certain region them seems to have them and be selling them for $400 or less. In my area they go for $1200 if you can find one. Id like to get an orginal Dk-DK3 upright.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 02:52:59 pm »

I believe the west is more expensive with the mid west and center areas being the cheapest.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 05:02:36 pm »

Was just wondering after looking at the prices. Im in the PNW there are not many games and i have gone as far as 6 hrs one way to pick up games. Most of the games I see in my area are in the range of $400-$1500. Most of the good condition games go for $800. Was just wondering if different regions of the country have higher or lower prices. I really like the Nintendo Vs cabs is there a certain region them seems to have them and be selling them for $400 or less. In my area they go for $1200 if you can find one. Id like to get an orginal Dk-DK3 upright.

Nintendo Vs cabinets are not worth $1,200 in any area. You are doing it wrong! Smiley LOL!

BTW - there are $1,500 cabinets on CL across the country. Doesn't mean they are selling and it doesn't mean that's the value.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:31:24 pm by John's Arcade » Logged
offset

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 05:54:52 pm »

They multi-cade XXX-in-1 high dollar games must sell at some point where they feel the price point should start high $1200+ and negotiate down because I see a lot of CL churn on these and they arent always the same sellers/games.   If the cabinets are classics (Ms. Pacman, etc), probably a lot of home buyers for rec rooms.  I try not to buy games for myself unless they are less then $200 as I like doing the restoration myself and dont trust someone else to do the work that I wouldnt be happy with and end up re-doing the work anyway.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 09:19:50 pm »

Have you managed to pick up any B or A list games under $200? It is getting more and more difficult these days for me.

offset

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 11:09:36 pm »

In the past year I've been able to pickup a working Pole Position 2 for $100, Time Pilot (missing PCB) for $50, converted Qbert for $120 (I had to deconvert this back to Qbert from Mania Challenge), Asteroids Deluxe in decent condition but ram error on the pcb for $175, etc, etc.

I guess I've been lucky, but these games at these prices need a lot of work and time, but I dont mind as I think restoring them is the fun part, I'm learning a lot and I'm patient (key to not spending a lot of money).

In fact, I try to avoid higher priced games that have been restored by someone else as I've seen some pretty bad restorations out there (wrong controls, bad sideart, etc).
arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 08:53:50 am »

I have been lucky in the past and pick up an "A"- list game cheap but not so much lately. The last 2 years have been tough to find any good games all need major work, or 2495. For a 60-1. 1000.-1500 for a nintendo game. Maybe prices are on the rise like when pins took a jump recently. Exidy's prices aren't accurate in my area. Buying and selling is a little higher in Oklahoma.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 05:52:24 pm »

Have you managed to pick up any B or A list games under $200? It is getting more and more difficult these days for me.

I just got a Journey for $105. Smiley

It's all about luck, I guess.
arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 07:58:51 pm »

Won't have that much in the Journey cab if you sell the converted parts!
I gave 200. For mine and sold the parts for 150.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 08:52:26 pm »

Won't have that much in the Journey cab if you sell the converted parts!
I gave 200. For mine and sold the parts for 150.

yeah, but who wants some crappy Taito golf game?!?! Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: