John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 06:29:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for suggestions -- My year end review video  (Read 5002 times)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2013, 08:50:48 pm »

I plan on filming a "year end" review video where we talk about every game, etc.?

Got any ideas for this video? Something I should talk about or do differently? Just wondering! Smiley
lilretrobrothers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 09:05:39 pm »

The best of all the videos in my opinion was the first of the pacman when everything that could go wrong did. I was wondering if instead of burning roms now would your first instinct be to check board connection esp on older games and maybe a checklist for what symptom equals what repair path
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 09:13:22 pm »

The best of all the videos in my opinion was the first of the pacman when everything that could go wrong did. I was wondering if instead of burning roms now would your first instinct be to check board connection esp on older games and maybe a checklist for what symptom equals what repair path

Yeah, you're right! Most of the issues, if not all, were the connector, wasn't it?!? We all learned something in that vid! Smiley
atariforever2002

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 09:25:59 pm »

It would be kinda cool if you went "down the line" of your machines and mentioned anything special you could about them. ie: Where & when you got them, special meaning to you for each, technical issues you have had, maybe a quick story of a friend who played/enjoyed one, restore troubles/successes, still to do lists, hi-scores, if you plan to trade them out...  whatever! Then maybe at the end of the video give us an idea of some upcoming plans for next year, new machines your hunting for or restores on deck ect. Hell I don't care, I'll watch anything you put out!
Crazybanana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 08:56:45 pm »

Before and after picture in picture shots on your restore videos would be great!
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 06:30:35 am »

Before and After video, photos... would be really interesting to see..!!
Summon up the events, restorations, reviews you have done under the year and give the audience a selection to vote the best/top of the year video...!!

;)
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 06:45:26 am »

Um , you burning on a guitar playing an arcade machine tune.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 10:16:08 am »

Um , you burning on a guitar playing an arcade machine tune.

Ha! Smiley
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 11:23:40 pm »

ill do it .
It would be like videogames live but not haha.

End year review.
Throw a party with your personal friends in your basement playing your games that you busted your ass restoring .
Inv some of the people you had in your vids to do commenting on the vids you made with them.
Put "The Basement"  to use. 
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 02:13:51 am »

That was an incredible video... the story about your wife with the NBA pinball machine, your story about acquiring Q*Bert, and sharing how much you love these games. Beer and popcorn to top off the episode. You are livin' the life, dude!  Grin
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 06:20:18 pm »

That was an incredible video... the story about your wife with the NBA pinball machine, your story about acquiring Q*Bert, and sharing how much you love these games. Beer and popcorn to top off the episode. You are livin' the life, dude!  Grin

Nearly getting shot for a q*bert, wow.

I'm sure you could squeeze in air hockey down there, I'm not into pinball ever since Jodie Foster ruined it for me.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
knaagi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 03:00:52 am »

This was really a nice episode and i couldn´t believe it when you mentioned you bought that PopCorn machine at Aldi because i didn´t know that cheap german food store chain made it over to the US.

John also told this story on the Arcade Outsiders Podcast. There are weird people out there...

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:48:38 am by 8Bitsenough » Logged

"Mach schnell, Dummkopf!"
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 11:59:10 am »

This was really a nice episode and i couldn´t believe it when you mentioned you bought that PopCorn machine at Aldi because i didn´t know that cheap german food store chain made it over to the US.

John also told this story on the Arcade Outsiders Podcast. There are weird people out there...

there is one next to gamestop right up the street from my house, all the pollocks shop there.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 12:28:28 pm »

Yeah, Aldi has been here for a long time. They have a US headquarters in the Chicago area and my Mom used to go there all the time when I was a kid. Now I go there. Smiley We like most stuff they sell and the money we save can go towards arcade parts. Cheesy LOL!

Around Christmas time they get stuff like the popcorn maker and a lot of times the prices are super low. I think I paid $40 for mine when it was marked down after Christmas one year.
knaagi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 12:36:07 pm »

John, my favorite is the "Nussknacker Schokolade" you can only buy at Aldi (at least here in Germany)

If they have it over there, try it Smiley

"Mach schnell, Dummkopf!"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: