John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:59:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: whatever happened?  (Read 4045 times)
airsoftmodels

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2015, 03:34:11 pm »

whatever happened to that nintendo playchoice 10 cabinet you restored and shipped off somewhere.  i was dying to know which game it was gonna play, then i forgot all about it for a few weeks.  did you ever reveal the surprise and i just missed it?  i watch all the videos.  thanks
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 04:11:17 pm »

whatever happened to that nintendo playchoice 10 cabinet you restored and shipped off somewhere.  i was dying to know which game it was gonna play, then i forgot all about it for a few weeks.  did you ever reveal the surprise and i just missed it?  i watch all the videos.  thanks

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Treguard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:57:10 pm »

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

It was fixed up just to be ran over by THE MOST EXTREME MONSTER TRUCKS YOU'VE EVER SEEN! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
SPONSORED BY TNT MONSTER JAM

KennyL

I'm just an average guy, I guess.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 05:04:25 am »

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

It was fixed up just to be ran over by THE MOST EXTREME MONSTER TRUCKS YOU'VE EVER SEEN! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
SPONSORED BY TNT MONSTER JAM

The most intense action.  We'll sell you the whole seat, BUT YOU'RE ONLY GONNA NEED THE EDGE.

Kenny L.
As an f.y.i. there is more than corn in Indiana...there's soybeans, ha.
Mini NeoGeo machine thread, inspired by Ben Heck:
http://www.johnsarcade.com/forum/index.php?topic=2640.0
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 11:26:42 pm »

The PC10 was ran over by super off road?!?
Wth??!! Stupid Ivan Stewart ....

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
Emig5m

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 01:21:41 am »

Ya, talk about leaving us hanging, . I just love Nintendo cabinets and I was wondering too, heh.
Emig5m

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 01:44:57 am »

Speaking of Nintendo cabinets... He traded back the R-Type to his friend who he said wanted to convert it to R-Type II... did he ever do the conversion? I'm in the midst of doing exactly that...

Before:

Currently at around 95% complete with a dead PCB (awaiting possible repair) and a new PCB shipping from Germany (Gawd, love to all friends in Germany, but shipping from your country takes forever!):

^Install new PCB, mod the wooded inserts in the PCB cage to fit the R-Type II board, and install the CPO and it will be pretty much completed! So I'm wondering what happened to the R-Type John had that went back to his friend to be converted to R-Type II? Did it ever get converted? I'll personally have R-Type 1 & 2 side by side. My main R-Type cab is 100% original and in great shape (all original buttons and everything, only 14,000 plays when I got it). It's going to be so kick-ass to have part 2 sitting beside it in an original R-Type cab. I went through great lengths to restore the cabinet and return it back to all original parts (buttons, joystick, coin mechs, another burn free minty monitor, etc.etc...)  Couldn't have done it without John's Arcade videos since I learned EVERYTHING about this restore from watching his vids for the past year...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:47:54 am by Emig5m » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: