John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:12:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should I walk away?  (Voting closed: March 11, 2014, 07:25:11 am)
Walk away - 1 (25%)
Keep asking - 3 (75%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I Being a Moany Bitch?  (Read 2381 times)
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2014, 07:25:11 am »

I guess it's no secret that I bought a Pole Position 2 - anyone who has seen the Flickr would have seen this.  It was advertised as:
Monitor condition - unknown, but present.
No PCB
No Power

The condition otherwise is not bad, after a good clean it's half decent.  Looms all good etc, this can be turned back into a PP2, so hurry up onecircuit guy!

I bought from an operator called Acorn Amusements via ebay, I got it for £109 which in the UK is about fair.

The unit was not described as missing the back door, but it is missing the back door.
the guy who delivered it said they had the door, so i took the unit in.  Now they are saying they can't find it, but not to worry they can collect the machine and give me my money back.
That ain't happening. I know they sold  pp2 a few weeks ago for £600, and they are pissed it went for 109.

I know they have lots of Jamma PCB's there, crappy titles, my offer to them was, hey throw me a crappy PCB and we're quits, I'll make my own fkin back door.

And they refused.

fkers!

so, knowing I have this machine, I've worked on it, secretly I fkin love it.  I've bought a step down isolating transformer to hopefully fire the wells monitor up later, old leaf switch buttons and red/blue sticks coming from a guy on another forum in UK.

Basically sholud I give up and just walk away, or keep being a moany little bitch and demand redress dammit.  

Answers on a postcard.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:48:11 am »

I guess it's no secret that I bought a Pole Position 2 - anyone who has seen the Flickr would have seen this.  It was advertised as:
Monitor condition - unknown, but present.
No PCB
No Power

The condition otherwise is not bad, after a good clean it's half decent.  Looms all good etc, this can be turned back into a PP2, so hurry up onecircuit guy!

I bought from an operator called Acorn Amusements via ebay, I got it for £109 which in the UK is about fair.

The unit was not described as missing the back door, but it is missing the back door.
the guy who delivered it said they had the door, so i took the unit in.  Now they are saying they can't find it, but not to worry they can collect the machine and give me my money back.
That ain't happening. I know they sold  pp2 a few weeks ago for £600, and they are pissed it went for 109.

I know they have lots of Jamma PCB's there, crappy titles, my offer to them was, hey throw me a crappy PCB and we're quits, I'll make my own fkin back door.

And they refused.

fkers!

so, knowing I have this machine, I've worked on it, secretly I fkin love it.  I've bought a step down isolating transformer to hopefully fire the wells monitor up later, old leaf switch buttons and red/blue sticks coming from a guy on another forum in UK.

Basically sholud I give up and just walk away, or keep being a moany little bitch and demand redress dammit.  

Answers on a postcard.

It's a project for sure. If you love it, then go for it and restore it. Pole Position PCBs are not rare and neither are the AR2 power supplies. I don't think it would be that bad to get it working.

The monitor is worth at least $100. So, you're not doing so bad! And, it's the cool EURO PP cabinet. In the USA people would love to have that cab. Smiley
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 11:07:20 am »

I'd never give this up, I'll just give up with the muppet show that sold me it.

You know the board that adam/onecurcuit is making..is this to replace all the original boards, or just the game pcb?

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 11:21:46 am »

I'd never give this up, I'll just give up with the muppet show that sold me it.

You know the board that adam/onecurcuit is making..is this to replace all the original boards, or just the game pcb?

The board that Adam is working on will be a drop in replacement -- it will plug right into the existing harness. The plan is to use a modern switching power supply with the board and bypass the AR-2s. The board will need an audio amplifier which adam is working on now. So, you should be able to remove the AR-2s and PCB and just plug this new board in and add a new power supply for $20.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 11:41:16 am »

Looking good and he seems so close.

I've seen his youtube vids, and his blog, seems quiet at the moment, am I missing a thread somewhere, surely he's taking names etc, I want IN on this one, don't want to miss out.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 11:42:27 am »

Looking good and he seems so close.

I've seen his youtube vids, and his blog, seems quiet at the moment, am I missing a thread somewhere, surely he's taking names etc, I want IN on this one, don't want to miss out.

He's not taking pre-orders yet and he is working at his own pace. Don't worry, you'll get one. Smiley I'm involved in the project (will be doing the frontend).
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:54:34 am »

OK nice one.  I'll just gently jamma this up then as planned and have a horizontal xxx in 1 and wait for the kit to become available, then reverse the process.

Disclaimer - No Arcade machines were harmed in the making of this Jamma cab.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: