John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:35:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: finished another machine.  (Read 1772 times)
STEVESPEEZE
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:24:54 am »

These things are a pain in the ass to make but hey, i dont have the room for 5000 games so i scale it down to 4 machines with 5000 games loaded on each one.
plus if you do it right they look decent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNPedvGitac
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 04:23:57 pm »

Pretty neat, xarcade control panel?
Do you make the cab yourself?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:19:17 pm »

Pretty neat, xarcade control panel?
Do you make the cab yourself?

nah all these cabs i bought for cash. but cheap.
I bought two xarcades , one for the green cab and one for the missle command.
I pad hacked the dk jr cab (john actually played it today)  Im making the mistake of machine jumping .. i need to stick with one at a time and finish them.
One of these machines (i think maybe the virtual racer) i want hyperspin.

Im waiting for this dude i know to finish a stargate cocktail.. that one imma leave alone and just put it in the middle of the room im gonna set up for games.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 09:09:07 pm »

If you don't mind me asking. What is a fair price for a machine that you mame.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 09:25:31 pm »

If you don't mind me asking. What is a fair price for a machine that you mame.
*with xarcade stick*
100 to 200 for empty cool 80's cab.
50 for stock xbox
30 for hard drive upgrade
30 to sit there for 10 hours and set it up.
if cab needs shit like a light.. like 10 bux
black foam board 5 bux...
uh..... a power strip 8 bux
xarcade stick 200 shipped.
So like 450 bux if you get cab for 100 bux...
It does cost to do these everybody thinks doing mame is a cheap way out but its mostly all custom.
***PADHACKED******  i take a stock controller and wire it to a made painted control panel .. controllers are a bitch to find.. buttons cost alittle. me doing it cost 50 bux labor.
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 10:09:52 pm »

Ugh... I have invested about $750 in my MAME cab because I bought a new cabinet that is designed to fix the X-Arcade Tankstick. Call it my way of taking the easy way out!  Cool
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 12:38:46 am »

The tankstick is ok, but ive found many flaws with it. One of them being where they put the two black buttons on the back.
i usually just relocate those to the bottom of the controller. so i can access those through the coin door and they wont hit the panel its up against.
another thing is , take the bottom cover off and notice how many connections are loose from the factory. almost everything in there is loose or exposed (cheapo contact covers slide off)
and finally , making the buttons all black ... its very hard to see in a dim room even if you are use to using this stick.
i finally swapped the buttons out to brighter ones tonight.
did i miss something, oh yeah those are not HAPP sticks they tend to get sloppy after a bit (everything gets loose inside) so ill be swapping those out too.

Padhacking (if you can do it) is kinda better if you are using an xbox with coinops.
I seriously just measured the size i needed for the panel and home depot cut it spot on.  then i spent 6 bux on a hole cutting bit for my drill.
you can configure the buttons any way you like that way. It also helps to keep the machine looking stock (having multiple machines all with tanksticks looks like shit)
the one thing i havent tried yet was adding a spinner.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: