John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:47:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vs. System Repair  (Read 1364 times)
michiganfan2

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2014, 02:11:21 pm »

I apologize in advance if this is a "dumb" question but I am looking for some help, so here goes....

I picked up a Nintendo Vs. Red Tent system with the Playchoice 10 conversion kit already installed.  It worked fine when I purchased it but shortly after that, the flyback transformers on both monitors started arcing.  Do any of you know of anyone who can repair or replace these?

I am also looking for a key for the bottom Playchoice 10 door.  I have no keys at all, fortunately the top of the unit is unlocked.  I would like to be able to swap out some of the PC10 games without drilling out the lock.

Any advice is greatly appreciated by this "newbie".

Thanks!!

Mike
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 04:19:56 pm »

Arcadecup.com can fix your monitors.

The locks are probably not original Nintendo. Drill them. Or post a photo of the lock. Could be Takigen 6510s. Doubtful though as those are typically on the hood only.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: