John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:26:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Street Fighter 2 monitor issues[Solved]  (Read 16719 times)
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2013, 05:37:33 pm »

Hey, just bought a Street Fighter 2: Turbo Hyper Fighting. The one issue is the monitor flickers. What could this be?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:54:00 pm by godfather » Logged

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

Boards: Vs. Goonies, Vs. Super Mario Bros,
Crazybanana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:45:56 pm »

could be cold solder, or caps try reflow first cap kit is never a bad idea too. worst case the CRT is going bad
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 11:36:37 pm »

could be cold solder, or caps try reflow first cap kit is never a bad idea too. worst case the CRT is going bad
There's a black box on the chassis with a dial on it and it has a crack, sparks are shooting out of it which is causing it to flicker. Any idea what that is?

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 03:18:04 am »

That black box sounds like the flyback. it will need to be replaced. It's an easy fix if you buy the right one for your monitor and you observe proper safety precautions.
All you need is to know the model number of your monitor and then just start looking online, most flybacks can still be found easily.

I probably don't have to tell you not to keep running your game until you repair it.
Broken flybacks can be very dangerous to people or electronics nearby.
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 09:02:44 am »

That black box sounds like the flyback. it will need to be replaced. It's an easy fix if you buy the right one for your monitor and you observe proper safety precautions.
All you need is to know the model number of your monitor and then just start looking online, most flybacks can still be found easily.

I probably don't have to tell you not to keep running your game until you repair it.
know anyone who has replaced a flyback in a HS-Dynamo cabinet.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:45:52 am »

There's a black box on the chassis with a dial on it and it has a crack, sparks are shooting out of it which is causing it to flicker. Any idea what that is?

That's the flyback!! Turn the game off and replace it immediately. What type of monitor is it?
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 12:41:46 pm »

know anyone who has replaced a flyback in a HS-Dynamo cabinet.

Lots of guys on KLOV have done these sort of repairs, they have a whole section just on monitor repairs there, see here http://forums.arcade-museum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43  
Even if you can't post on there (I can't) you can still find info related to your monitor on there.

What is important here isn't the cabinet type, that's because several types of monitors may be used in a given cabinet style, or even swapped over the years, what you need to know is the monitor model number, If you can get that I may be able to point you in the right direction for parts/information.

From my research, there is a good chance it has a Wells Gardner brand monitor of some type as those were commonly used in Dynamo cabs.

Also, if you are uncomfortable doing the repair yourself there are lots of people online offering repair services for these.
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 08:42:02 pm »

That's the flyback!! Turn the game off and replace it immediately. What type of monitor is it?
Zenith? 25"
i had it turned on while looking at the back and sparks are shooting out of the crack and every time a spark shoots out the game flickers..i have turned it off unplugged it. here are some pics.

i cannot seem to find out what kind of chassis this is,.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:46:08 pm by godfather » Logged

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 02:47:11 am »

sparks shooting out, man that sounds really bad i assure you that is not normal Cheesy

are there any monitor/tv repair around you? maybe you will have some luck speaking with them for identifying and for parts.

please post pics of your cabinet! i love street fighter 2. i have a sf2 champion edition

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 10:17:19 am »

sparks shooting out, man that sounds really bad i assure you that is not normal Cheesy

are there any monitor/tv repair around you? maybe you will have some luck speaking with them for identifying and for parts.

please post pics of your cabinet! i love street fighter 2. i have a sf2 champion edition

in a HS-5 dynamo cab. cabinet has the serial number for sf2, as well as instruction manual and dynamo cabinet instruction manual.
The Marquee looks as though someone got beat one to many times from M.Bison and hit their breaking point . I am pleased to have this machine, it was my absolute favorite game in an arcade.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:26:16 am by godfather » Logged

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:43 pm »

in a HS-5 dynamo cab. cabinet has the serial number for sf2, as well as instruction manual and dynamo cabinet instruction manual.
The Marquee looks as though someone got beat one to many times from M.Bison and hit their breaking point . I am pleased to have this machine, it was my absolute favorite game in an arcade.

great looking machine. all those complete details are fantastic. i've seen a few machines with the control panel yellow like that I wonder why that is. looks like the buttons were changed. you should put the original red white and blue ones in.

i've seen those marquees for sale on ebay at market price, and here is a link to a high res one you can take to a printer and have them print/cut it for you: http://segamadebaddecisions.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/street-fighter-2-champion-edition-turbo-hyper-fighting-marquee-psd.jpg

looks like one of your coin door lights is out fix that with the little bulb. Smiley thanks for posting!

-alby13
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 08:18:27 pm »

Thanks! I love it. Believe it or not it actually came with an additional both sets of buttons as replacements.

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 11:40:47 pm »

Thanks! I love it. Believe it or not it actually came with an additional both sets of buttons as replacements.

so what's the plan with your monitor and further?

-alby13
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 07:34:23 am »

I need to order a flyback and cap kit that's priority get it working.

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 10:38:44 pm »

I need to order a flyback and cap kit that's priority get it working.

cool

-alby13
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: