John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 01:17:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John's new Robotron  (Read 2332 times)
airsoftmodels

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:43:39 am »

I realize that whenever John gets a new game there are going to be a few things he needs to change to make it basement worthy.  So it was exciting to watch the new video, not to see him get Robotron, but to see the things about this particular Robotron that caught his eye and hopefully will be the subject of some new videos.  I am glad he didn't end up with a mint Robotron cause that would have been pretty boring.  Now "we" are on the hunt for working batteries and 4" matching joysticks, and we will see a CPO over wood.  Can't wait to see the video for the 720 pickup.   
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 10:52:43 am »

Thanks! I already replaced both joysticks. Turns out, they were BOTH 4 way joysticks. WTF!? I went to my friends house yesterday and got two 8 way WICO joysticks with good grommets (everything but the sticks). The game plays like a dream now. I just need to grab another 4" stick from Jay when I see him.
knaagi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 12:31:46 pm »

cool, so Greg can put some weird high scores on it when he will be at your place Cheesy
Is it set on difficulty 5?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:57:10 pm by 8Bitsenough » Logged

"Mach schnell, Dummkopf!"
Space Avenger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:40:38 pm »

Congrats John!
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 04:26:55 pm »

Great, John! Now, Gregg will have Robotron to play! But it won't save his high score, so just a battery mod and a 4" joystick and your good to go! Also, you should try to get Gregg on the forums!  ;)
Space Avenger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 04:53:04 pm »

Great, John! Now, Gregg will have Robotron to play! But it won't save his high score, so just a battery mod and a 4" joystick and your good to go! Also, you should try to get Gregg on the forums!  ;)

He is on the forums.
DeLuSioNaL29

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 12:03:16 am »

Played it today. It is SWEEEET!  I'm jealous. I've always wanted a Robotron. Some guy (I think by the initials it was Michael Sao Pedro?) broke it in and scored 9,999,975points!  I scored a humbling 248,950.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:59:11 am by delusional29 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: