John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:48:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burning Roms  (Read 6255 times)
CJPT00

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2011, 07:38:15 pm »

I was just curious on what eprom programmer/burner you use to program these intel d2764a chips on the pcb? I see a bunch of them on ebay but i have no idea if it would be compatible with erasing and burning these intel chips. A video on how you burn these chips would be very useful.
delayed

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:30:57 pm »

I 2nd that.  Even though I most likely will not burn chips, it would be interesting to learn the process. 

delayed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 01:22:17 am »

What are the proper file ext. for the Nintendo Vs. files?  It would also be nice if someone would speak up where these files are hidden on the internet, but I am guessing that will not happen.  Knowing the file extension would be helpful. 
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:07:55 pm »

You can use the MAME roms. I use an Needhams EMP-10 to burn my ROMs. It is old school. It uses a serial connection and runs under DOS. You can buy a newer USB burner on Ebay from China for about $50. These work ok but the quality is not that great. You also need an EPROM eraser to erase the old roms.

I think I should make a video about this. No?
delayed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 10:57:38 pm »

I ended up getting an ep-1140 microsystems.  I don't know how to take a code off an old chip and match it to the new file yet.  Do you know how that is done?  So far it has worked fine.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 10:04:27 am »

I ended up getting an ep-1140 microsystems.  I don't know how to take a code off an old chip and match it to the new file yet.  Do you know how that is done?  So far it has worked fine.

On mine, I load the good code into my software then compare or verify it to the code on the chip in the burner.
CJPT00

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 12:49:39 pm »

hey john are you going to make a video explaining in detail how to burn roms on vs boards?

thanks
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 03:44:43 pm »

hey john are you going to make a video explaining in detail how to burn roms on vs boards?

thanks

Yes, I will do this soon. Good idea.
CJPT00

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 08:07:42 pm »

i purchased a top 2005+ universal programmer and i'm having some problems loading the eproms. do you erase yours eproms with uv light? i'm trying to convert rbi baseball (ppu) to vs . can you help me john? thanks Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: