John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:27:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daughter boards, UGH!!  (Read 2697 times)
Spyhunter

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2013, 10:11:13 am »

Ok, so I just got my red tent system shipped to me only to find the daughter board fell off into the bottom of the cabinet!!  What a terrible design!!  No locking mechanism what so ever, just "sits" on the board in a verticle position waiting to fall off...

So I have to wiggle it to get SMB to work on the main side, and Goonies on the daughter board just doesn't work.  Some boot ups it will show GOONIES ROM OK on the screen and never change, other boot ups, the screen is completely blank, HELP!!

SH
atariforever2002

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 02:30:27 pm »

Duct tape is my friend.
Spyhunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 05:31:02 pm »

Aha, SMB was put into the sub, not main side, this looks to be the problem!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:18:19 pm »

Ok, so I just got my red tent system shipped to me only to find the daughter board fell off into the bottom of the cabinet!!  What a terrible design!!  No locking mechanism what so ever, just "sits" on the board in a verticle position waiting to fall off...

So I have to wiggle it to get SMB to work on the main side, and Goonies on the daughter board just doesn't work.  Some boot ups it will show GOONIES ROM OK on the screen and never change, other boot ups, the screen is completely blank, HELP!!

SH

Pull the board out and reseat everything. When the daughter board is in it really doesn't fall off too easily unless it's not in all the way.
Spyhunter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 11:23:24 am »

I've reseated it dozens of times, the pins really do just sit in the chip holders...  It's not like the pins go through the board to the other side or anything...  there's only a little bit of travel in there...

SH
Joe3693

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 02:51:30 am »

You either need to push harder or get a different board. If you put a regular cpu or ppu in the sockets do they just fall out? If they do you need a new main board. If they click in and stay, then you are just not pushing hard enough. With my castlevania card i took the cpu and ppu off so i could really push down. Just when you think it is going to break it might be in .
Hope that helps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: