John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:31:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo Vs with a PC10  (Read 6009 times)
CJPT00

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2011, 04:58:00 pm »

Hey John,

I love your website and your knowledge of pinball/nintendo and all things Arcade!

I recently picked up a Nintendo Vs. Dualsystem (Red Tent). It came with 1 motherboard with Castlevania and Super Mario Bros. I Love this machine... Although getting PPU's has posed challenging for me. I have called arcade places (no luck) in my area and I checked Ebay (way too pricey).

I noticed that the Playchoice 10 motherboard has very similiar connectors to the vs. and I would love to have the option of playing 10 games on the vs.

I know that there once was playchoice 10 kits you could buy and convert your vs into one. do you know where i could get such a kit? do you think its worth doing such a thing? What do you recommend?

I always loved anything Nintendo and I think putting a playchoice 10 in the vs system would be more practical with switching games instead of worrying about cpu chips, ppu's, and burning roms.

Your thoughts on this John..

Thanks,

Chris
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:03:34 pm »

Hey John,

I love your website and your knowledge of pinball/nintendo and all things Arcade!

I recently picked up a Nintendo Vs. Dualsystem (Red Tent). It came with 1 motherboard with Castlevania and Super Mario Bros. I Love this machine... Although getting PPU's has posed challenging for me. I have called arcade places (no luck) in my area and I checked Ebay (way too pricey).

I noticed that the Playchoice 10 motherboard has very similiar connectors to the vs. and I would love to have the option of playing 10 games on the vs.

I know that there once was playchoice 10 kits you could buy and convert your vs into one. do you know where i could get such a kit? do you think its worth doing such a thing? What do you recommend?

I always loved anything Nintendo and I think putting a playchoice 10 in the vs system would be more practical with switching games instead of worrying about cpu chips, ppu's, and burning roms.

Your thoughts on this John..

Thanks,

Chris

There is a kit to convert the Vs. system to PC-10. I don't think it's worth it. You are better off getting a second cabinet for PC-10 games. Why ruin a nice dedicated Vs. system?
delayed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 03:05:01 am »

Hi,
I picked up a second red tent that is in poor condition.  It runs but needs recapping, sanding and light painting.  I was thinking about fixing it up and would like to know if a PC10 PCB would work in this unit.  Would a new wiring harness be required or would the PCB play without many changes?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 11:13:43 pm »

Hi,
I picked up a second red tent that is in poor condition.  It runs but needs recapping, sanding and light painting.  I was thinking about fixing it up and would like to know if a PC10 PCB would work in this unit.  Would a new wiring harness be required or would the PCB play without many changes?

Nintendo made a conversion kit so you could plug a PC-10 into your red tent. You'd need that kit to do it. It's not a direct swap.
delayed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 12:02:33 am »

Could you point me to a link of a picture or the contents of the kit?  Since I have never seen one, I am guessing they are rare and costly.  Would rewiring a system not be an easier solution?  Do the power supplies match if I found a PC10 wiring harness?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 10:17:03 am »

Could you point me to a link of a picture or the contents of the kit?  Since I have never seen one, I am guessing they are rare and costly.  Would rewiring a system not be an easier solution?  Do the power supplies match if I found a PC10 wiring harness?

There is a manual for the kit here:

http://johnsarcade.com/vs_downloads/misc/VS_Playchoice_manual.pdf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: