John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:11:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this an easy fix?  (Read 2641 times)
mjolman

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2012, 02:05:55 pm »

http://imgur.com/hWDL2

I'm looking at buying a red tent, there are two in my area for close to the same price. One had mario and galaga, the other has golf and a motorcycle game. Not sure if its mach rider or excite bike.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 05:12:34 pm »

http://imgur.com/hWDL2

I'm looking at buying a red tent, there are two in my area for close to the same price. One had mario and galaga, the other has golf and a motorcycle game. Not sure if its mach rider or excite bike.

Do you mean the squiggles? If so, yes. Mine was doing this. Was driving me mad. Turn down the brightness or the screen on the flyback or some of the colors. It fixed it on mine.
mjolman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 07:12:49 pm »

Thanks. I guess that won't deter me from picking that one, like i said there are two for sale here. Both are asking 500, but i haven't been able to see them in person to see how rough they are.
mjolman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:51:42 pm »

Just looked at the first one. It was missing a lock, had bad burn in on one screen. The other screen needed adjustment and the speaker wasn't working. He was asking 600, I offered 350 and he declined. Hope it works out better with the next one.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 03:45:22 pm »

Just looked at the first one. It was missing a lock, had bad burn in on one screen. The other screen needed adjustment and the speaker wasn't working. He was asking 600, I offered 350 and he declined. Hope it works out better with the next one.

Good luck! I think I paid $300 for mine.
mjolman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 01:04:13 am »

I looked at the second one today. Had mach rider and golf. The mach rider screen was so fuzzy it was illegible, the other was inoperative. Both speakers weren't working either. Had a couple buttons missing and they didn't have keys.

This was a real bummer because the description said it was working and in great shape.

I offered 150 as is and they said they'd try to get it working before they accepted an offer. The garage it was buried in had two other cabinets in it. One was a wrestling game, the other was centipede.

I did get the other guy to go down to 450, i might cave and buy that one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: