John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:10:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: DK/DKJr/Popeye style coin drawer  (Read 2233 times)
Tarantulas

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:18:35 am »

I've been looking for a bit, and can't seem to find anyone selling a DK/DKJr/Popeye style coin drawer.

I've seen plans to build them, but I'd really like an original... but I'd settle for a nicely done reproduction.

So... anyone got one they'd like to sell?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:20:40 am by Tarantulas » Logged
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:45:21 am »

I know several people on the forums here have the cabinets. But im not sure any of them have the coin box. Imo though id just find a small plastic bucket and put it in its place all it does is hold the coins.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 03:02:57 pm »

I've been looking for a bit, and can't seem to find anyone selling a DK/DKJr/Popeye style coin drawer.

I've seen plans to build them, but I'd really like an original... but I'd settle for a nicely done reproduction.

So... anyone got one they'd like to sell?

Thanks!

I reproduced one earlier this year for my DK and I have a DK Jr that i'm restoring right now that has the original drawer.  I can send you a pic later of the one i reproduced and see how you like it and I could maybe help you out by making you one.  I'm at work right now though so I can follow up with you later today if that's ok?
lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 02:30:40 pm »

Here's the pics of the coin box I made when restoring my side by side with an original coin box.  It turned out pretty well.  Since then I acquired a DK Jr cabinet that had the original coin box, so I could make one that is even closer to the original now.  Let me know if you want any help making one.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 03:33:04 pm »

Here's the pics of the coin box I made when restoring my side by side with an original coin box.  It turned out pretty well.  Since then I acquired a DK Jr cabinet that had the original coin box, so I could make one that is even closer to the original now.  Let me know if you want any help making one.

Nice work!
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 03:54:34 pm »

I want one too. Mine didn't come with one either. Begs the question, why were so many pulled out and lost?
TonyScoots

Tony Scoots

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 06:50:23 am »

I am actually looking for the coin door assembly, I have the coin door for my DK Jr. just missing the assembly or enclosure that it goes into!
lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 11:52:02 am »

Anyone interested in having me make a coin drawer for them, just pm me and we can figure it out from there...shipping, cost, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: