John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:21:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Q*bert Restoration Beginning 2/7/15  (Read 9246 times)
bfrosty

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 03:04:03 pm »

Okay Offset....You may have easily persuaded me into setting up this Qbert as a multigamer until I find all the neccessary Qbert parts.

Hopefully, I can get ahold of one of those 412-1 Jamma's.

How many buttons do you have hooked up?  All 6 for each player?  I think I may need a new CP.

I hope to get the cabinet restored/repaired, get the Qbert Side-art, CPO overlay, Marquee (Just got from a member on KLOV).

MK

I de-converted mine from Mania Challenge and it was my ever first arcade game.   I love Mania Challenge, but I couldnt let a Qbert cabinet not look like Qbert again.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=282323

In its current state, I run a dedicated Qbert using the 412-in-1 vertical jamma blue elf board using Qbert CP and Qbert joystick.

When the new JROK qbert board comes out, I'll switch to it and hope to get the knocker working.

Mine had a vertical Wells Gardner monitor in it.

Level42

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:11 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please no multi-game.....

bfrosty

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 09:28:19 am »

Just until I get Q*berts guts reinstalled.

Actually, I have another cabinet I'm throwing the 412 in....so its looking good for the Q*bert Cab now!!!

MK
offset

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 12:56:51 pm »

Mine is dedicated Qbert control panel, no extra buttons, original Qbert joystick.

412-in-1 boots up directly to Qbert, aside from the splash screen on game elf startup, acts like a dedicated Qbert.

My original goal was to have this only play Qbert, not a multi, when Jrok board comes out, I can hopefully have it use the knocker as well.

I try to keep the games dedicated unless it becomes cost prohibitive or just too gutted to make it worthwhile unless its a game I really want/like.

For example, I have a gutted Defender cabinet that was converted to SF2, I'm de-converting it back to a dedicated Defender, complete with all the pcb's, etc.

I enjoy fixing up old games back to their original glory.
bfrosty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 01:07:26 pm »

So Offset...

I have the 412 in a "Last Duel" Gottlieb cabinet now.  It has Player One/Two buttons.  Two Joysticks. Two Buttons each.

I read somewhere that the 412 likes button 3 plugged in and connected.

I tried disconnecting pin 27 and sending both grounds on pin 28 to the ground on the power supply.  No difference.

I'm not sure how this happened, but the picture is in the correct orientation now.  Just can't move the arrows or play anything.

MK
bfrosty

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 02:46:10 pm »

I modified my first post, but thought I'd better put it here too.

I ended up taking PIN 27 out of commision...it was grounding my control panel buttons/joysticks.  So, I moved it to the ground on the power supply instead of the jamma connector.

It all works well now...played for a few hours....no issues.

Thanks all!
MK
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: