John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:07:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MVS original joystick rebuild question  (Read 1317 times)
Galaxian77

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2014, 01:49:56 pm »

Good day forum. I picked up a "Lordsvale Leisure" Neo-Geo MVS cabinet (apparently it was popular in the UK?). It has rather odd "club style" joysticks, but appear to be original, due to the size of the hole cut out of the CP. They work fine, but do not "auto return". I'm trying to figure out whether they are missing a spring (because there were no springs installed when I got the machine). I've tried placing a spring in the obvious place on the shaft, but then it seems, jammed (too stiff). Does anyone have an exploded view of a "standard" Neo joystick (if there's such a thing?). Perhaps I'm trying the wrong size spring... Or perhaps there was never a spring. Perhaps it relied on the rubber grommit... Like the Pacman joystick.... Any advise would be great:-)

Thanks for reading.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:47:22 pm by Galaxian77 » Logged
gusmoney

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 02:41:13 pm »

Hey Galaxian77,

Scroll to the bottom of this page and see if the joysticks match-up with original:  http://www.hardmvs.com/xml/uk/ukCabs.htm

That is a great site for all things MVS, if you didn't know it already, not sure if they have the exploded view of the joystick anywhere.

-Gus
Galaxian77

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 02:49:35 pm »

No I was not aware of this site, but looks like some good resources. I'll have a look there and report back any findings.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: