John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:53:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What could it be? Free pinball machine  (Read 2205 times)
bfrosty

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:39:22 pm »

Got your attention???

My neighbor across the way stopped by and I told him about my new hobby of restoring video games.  He piped up and said...hey, "I've got a pinball machine"...I said, Oh really? ....then without pausing he said, You just want it for free?  I said Hell Yeah!!!

I'm going over in 20min to pick it up...have no idea which pinball it is...he didn't really know much about them.  There may be a small issue with it too.

Well, I'm game...I'll post pictures once I get it back here to the house.

It better not be a Playboy pinball....the wife won't necessarily like it too much Grin
VertexGuy
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 08:43:09 pm »

I don't believe you. sry
bfrosty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 09:54:58 pm »

Well, my neighbor gets the "Most Awesome Neighbor of the Century Award".

Here it is....the scoreboard, a light or two and a couple popups is all I can tell that's not working.

He even drove it down thru his field on the trailer to my house and delivered it.  Rob rocks!!!

Data East - Checkpoint w/Turbo Boost Circa 1990-1991?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:56:44 pm by mkalist » Logged
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 10:05:47 pm »

Came here to say, "pics or it didn't happen." But then there was a picture!  Rob does rock!!!

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=498
bfrosty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 10:41:27 pm »

He does....His basement kicks A** too.  The guy that had the home built originally owned a company that built all the Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops.  So, guess what...the basement is finished just like the stores with a major kicka** bar.  Hand-Hewn timbers and support on the ceiling...its just freaking amazing.

I need to get him some serious beer/whiskey gift basket or something...damn.

On top of it, the whole theming is around Racing in Germany and has a painting of the Castle Neuschwanstein on the playfield and backboard.  I've been there and love Germany, Oktoberfest and Beer....so, this really is a special machine for me.

Besides a lot of little light bulbs out...(thinking of replacing w/LED's)...the score board seems like the big ticket item that is out.

These things are complicated compared to my arcade's....well, time to start learning how they tick.

Have a good night...hope I can sleep  Grin
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 11:22:18 am »

found abit more on pinside: https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/checkpoint/details

not a bad pin but I'm a video game guy
bfrosty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 02:44:06 pm »

I've got my eleven video games...so no problem there.

This PIN was free...so can't complain.

I'm pressing my luck and ordered a pinled from Germany today...hopefully it will show up in a few weeks.

Wish me luck.
MK
VertexGuy
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 07:49:58 pm »

Came here to say, "pics or it didn't happen." But then there was a picture!  Rob does rock!!!

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=498

Yep.. that's a mighty fine looking picture of a pinball machine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: