John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:29:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: From Oklahoma  (Read 746 times)
Neurocrasher

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2016, 07:11:38 pm »

I've been lurking for a while after discovering John's channel earlier this year. I typically don't post regularly on forums, but I read them a lot when I'm winding down in bed. I just hate typing on touch screens.

I have a Pac-Man which I'm de-converting from a Driving Force (right now I'm waiting for my stencils to ship, which I gather might be a long wait considering what I've read on KLOV) and a Mouse Trap which was gutted and MAMEified beyond recognition. Mouse Trap currently has Retropie and a generic marquee in it, but I do plan on restoring it properly sometime after I get my Pac-Man finished. The control panel was turned into Swiss cheese and about the only thing holding the controls in is the plexi. My favorites as a kid were Dig Dug, Galaga, Pole Position, and the Mortal Kombat stuff. Today I really enjoy Gyruss, Gaplus, trackball games, and Pac-Man and Ms. I'm looking for a 90s Midway cabinet (preferably MKII) and a stand-up racer. My parents owned a Pinball Wizard when I was a kid, but it seemed it was broken down more than it was playable. I'm kind of into old vending machines and jukes as well, but I doubt I'll ever get those.

As for non-arcade interests, I'm really into movies, books (mostly science fiction), PC games, and writing. I run a blog about genre films and science fiction. I've been working on a novel for about five years now. My childhood was pretty much video games, EC horror comics, Fangoria and Mad Magazine. Not much has changed, to be honest. Still into the same ol' stuff, there just seems to be so much more of it now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: