John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:00:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here I Am!  (Read 1061 times)
blake

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:09:30 pm »

not sure if i introduced myself on the forum.  My names Blake. you may see me on NEACF or KLOV as mk3u2012, and on pinside as blake.  ive been in the hobby for 4 years and started out by putting vids on location.  now i just enjoy them in the home.  here is my current collection.  vids - outrun, asteroids, neo geo 4 slot, mk2, karate champ     pins - stargate, galaxy

thanks and good to be here
blake
wmartin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 01:56:09 pm »

Blake,

It's nice to meet you, My son is also about to turn 5. It really is an amazing hobby for us to do together. My son loves it so much when we get a game that's completely broken and we bring it back to life. I noticed you said you have games on location in the past. I have plans to create an arcade hopefully in the next year that would have a lot of classic vids and pins on site. I currently work for an arcade vendor that too me has gotten way too greedy over the years and it kills me to see so many people come in and can't play due to how much our games cost. We make A LOT of money in the company I work for and now they decided to increase cost to play games and increase ticket values on our prizes. I can't stand that so I plan to make my own game room that is for the people and designed so everyone can play, no matter how much money you make. I was wondering if you might have any good tips for starting up a game room. I already have a lot of ideas I want to do such as Tournements and game building contests, I also plan to donate % of the revenue to various types of organizations to help out the community. I plan to post this Idea on another thread here on Johns Forum for more ideas.

-Will-
blake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 02:46:14 pm »

hi will,
that sounds great!  my experience with games on location was not the greatest hence now i only have a personal collection which sort of like your idea is pretty open to friends and family alike.  as far as ideas for game rooms and arcades go i would browse the forums here, at KLOV, and pinside.  there is loads of topics dedicated to gameroom ideas in general.  also i would recommend reaching out to fellow members who you know have substantial collections (JOHN FROM JOHNS ARCADE).  and watch peoples youtube channels to get ideas, thats always worked for me.  take care and good luck!
thanks
blake
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: