John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 02:17:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertisements on Johns Youtube Channel  (Read 3783 times)
Jack Burton

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2014, 11:13:38 am »

Hi John,

First off thanks for all the new videos. I am really enjoying all of them. It's hard to say which is my favorite. If I had to say right now, probably the one where you use your old Atari modem to dial up, talking about Johnny Be Bad, Your custom animation (The Killer) Etc.

But the reason I am writing this is because I rarely ever see advertisements on your channel. Even yesterday, I played your Atari Playlist, some 9+ hours of content I believe, and I saw ZERO ads. I would actually like to see more ads.. Not only at the beginning of an episode, but during the episode a short commercial break (30-60 second commercial) would be perfectly fine. I thought I'd let you know, as I get a ton of value out of your vids and want to help contribute, even if it just means watching an ad.

Cheers and thanks again!

Ace
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:05:33 pm by ace949 » Logged

-------
tombutler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »

Haven't you seen his simple green ads?

I personnally am glad there are little to no ads.  It's what keeps me watching.

I've seen him endorse Bob Roberts
Grinkers
All games
The silkscreen
Johns arcade.com etc

Those are the ads that I would be ok with seeing.  Bit just enabling ads on your videos?  No thanks
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 01:49:37 pm »

Haven't you seen his simple green ads?

I personnally am glad there are little to no ads.  It's what keeps me watching.

Grinkers
All games
The silkscreen
Johns arcade.com etc

Those are the ads that I would be ok with seeing.  Bit just enabling ads on your videos?  No thanks

All that stuff I endorse (like Bob Roberts and Simple Green) is stuff I use. I don't get paid for that. LOL! Smiley

I am a Youtube Partner and they do show pre-roll ads. I have not enabled mid-roll or post-roll ads. That seems a little excessive.
tombutler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 02:03:09 pm »

I watch on my blue ray so Sony may be interrupting them.

Just ribbing about the endorsements.

Me and my wife sometimes joking ly say "I am going to simple green the shit out of that".
knaagi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 02:34:01 pm »

Grinkers
All games
The silkscreen
Johns arcade.com etc

Don´t forget to buy a CD of John´s band, The The Silkscreens  Grin
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:36:47 pm by knaagi » Logged

"Mach schnell, Dummkopf!"
tombutler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 02:38:59 pm »

For some reason my phone dictionary doesn't have killscreen in it....

But now it does.
shawnsdada

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 06:00:01 pm »

People will sit and watch a guy work on an arcade game for hours and hours, but God forbid a 60 second ad pop up or he mention the name of products or sites he uses to get stuff that he needs to get the work done.

Why do some automatically assume that he gets paid once a product or site is mentioned? If he was doing that for any kind of money, don't you think he would have turned the other ad's on a long time ago? He wouldn't have to go buy Simple Green because he'd have cases of it sitting in his garage if he were endorsing them.

Sorry, I just find it ridiculous that people jump straight to accusing others of being in it just for money when they see one ad for every 10 hours of video they watch or the person mentions a product or site. Can't possibly just he them wanting to help others out. Nope it's about getting paid.

Judge not by their games, but by how many posts they've made
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 06:14:58 pm »

Are you talking abut the AD YouTube produces or in Johns Videos!

I think all videos contains some kid kind of AD, I know John don't really know it, but all videos gives some kind product names!!

Anyway, as long it's not YouTube Sponsor me ADs then I'm happy!

Keep up the good job John!
tombutler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 06:24:26 pm »

People will sit and watch a guy work on an arcade game for hours and hours, but God forbid a 60 second ad pop up or he mention the name of products or sites he uses to get stuff that he needs to get the work done.

Why do some automatically assume that he gets paid once a product or site is mentioned? If he was doing that for any kind of money, don't you think he would have turned the other ad's on a long time ago? He wouldn't have to go buy Simple Green because he'd have cases of it sitting in his garage if he were endorsing them.

Sorry, I just find it ridiculous that people jump straight to accusing others of being in it just for money when they see one ad for every 10 hours of video they watch or the person mentions a product or site. Can't possibly just he them wanting to help others out. Nope it's about getting paid.

Not sure what you mean. 

I was joking about the simple green thing.

Didn't realize people were this upright around here.

I didn't see anyone jumping to the conclusion that John is in it for the money.

All that arcade collector YouTube money....
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »

I wouldn't care if there were more adverts or if I had to pay to watch. I look forward more to a new John's Arcade video than I do any TV show that I am paying for right now.
I've learned more from these videos than any course I could imagine paying for, it's made a hobby that I wanted to get into for years accessible and enjoyable .  I've received PM's from John with advice that was spot on that's got a game or a monitor working, not a cent charge, time was taken to help for the hobby 1-2-1, not for a referral fee or a kickback, just to help and to pass on knowledge.
I don't know why I let some other posts on positive threads like this one from Ace wind me up but they do, maybe because I think it just crosses the line between private/personal life and can be rude without the right thought given, people have feelings, if someone benefits,then good it should be John. However it's rude to cross that line, make assumptions or ask questions relating to YouTube money etc. So what, what does it matter to you? Look after your own shit and stop looking over the fence.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: