John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:33:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gyruss restore  (Read 16706 times)
jessiewonka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2015, 03:58:31 pm »

Everything else on that dip seems to work but switch 8. I think I'll just leave it and turn down the volume. : p

Hunting for a Gyruss top marque bracket and Centuri coin door.
jessiewonka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2015, 05:49:31 pm »

The restore itself is finally complete -- this included painting the front, back and top of the cab, coin door, full control panel restore, new blackout bezel (thanks Carl), high score save kit, and general gut tweaks. I left the original side art and bezel art alone.

I've yet to find a top marquee bracket or Centuri coin door (that isn't $200), and swapping out the speakers would be nice but haven't found a suitable replacement yet. Later on I would like to get back to trying to fix the PCB it came, but need a rom burner and general test rig.

Thanks for everyone's help on this! It's now cozy'd up to the wall in my workshop and plays great.

Jack

Jack Kirkpatrick

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2015, 07:30:40 pm »

NICE! I have a Gyruss myself, and it needs to be restored badly. I have done a few small things like painting the coin door, but I have a ton of things to do with it.
Great game, you'll enjoy it.

Jack
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2015, 07:40:32 pm »

That looks GREAT! NICE WORK!
jessiewonka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2015, 02:04:21 am »

Thanks, yeah it's a fun game to return to repeatedly. And thanks John for your videos, your Gyruss series was my template and a huge help.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: