John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 08:44:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitor for Cruis'n  (Read 4024 times)
moogrum

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:04:12 pm »

Can anybody recommend a good monitor for a cruis'n exotica?  Flat screen is ok. I'm just not exactly sure what I should be looking for or what a good price range is.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:18:37 am »

Do you have a dedicated or a conversion from a world or USA?

The USA and world games used a 25 inch U5000 or K7500.
Exotica used a 27 inch. The games are medium res so you can't just use any monitor you find.
You are probably going to be stuck using a converter box and a LCD screen. I think a 29 or 27 inch LCD will fit in the cab fairly well but of course look kind of bad with the horizontal stretching.

If you want to go with a monitor a makvision 27 inch is pretty much your only option for new tubes.
http://www.xgaming.com/store/arcade-parts-and-accessories/product/weiya-29-flat-screen-crt-arcade-monitor/

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
moogrum

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 03:59:25 pm »

It is a dedicated and right bow it has a 24" LCD with a converter box and it just looks washed out for some reason. I think a bigger monitor would fix it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: