John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:09:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NES games  (Read 2252 times)
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2015, 02:20:42 pm »

So I setup a NES emulator for my kids on their old old computer. What NES games are good for 5+7yo? I never had a NES, (C64 +Amiga forever yo!) so I dont know what games.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
tombutler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 03:12:00 pm »

I played a bit of nintendo with my neice the other day and she seemed not to get them as much as i thought she would. 

I ran through a few and her favorite seemed to be Super Dodgeball.  She also liked the little mermaid. 

The only problem with Nes games and kids from today is they cant seem to hang with the difficulty of NES games.  (NES hard)

All the classics are great though like Mega man, all the marios, Zelda.  Rc proam is pretty easy to get into. 

My best recommendation would be to download a Romset and let them keep trying until they find one they like.  You can find NES romsets pretty easy through sites like emupardise
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 09:10:33 pm »

yeah my 5yo decided super mario 3 was too hard.

I thought its lots of 1 button, maybe 2 button games, less lurning curve but year so far, they like bubble bobble but everything is denounced as hard.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
Otaku

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 12:14:31 am »

Goonies II?

Also, everything back then was skill based. Now a lot of things are story based with less opportunities to die to lose in a game, and most games today have infinite continues and save points.
SanTe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 12:34:49 am »

Any NES game worth its salt is tough.

Kid Icarus isn't exactly easy but I don't remember it being impossibly hard like many other great titles.  It's also kid friendly.
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 04:13:53 pm »

I use to play Duck Tails like crazy!
moogrum

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 06:38:36 pm »

I think there are some fisher price/sesame street games.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: