John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:06:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have a Galaga Mini?  (Read 1733 times)
MagicMarc-er

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2015, 06:02:38 am »

Can't seem to get any help on KLOV so, hopefully, someone here can help.

Could anyone please take a pic inside their Galaga cabaret (or full size since it is probably the same) at the wiring where the 6 pins from the monitor chassis plug into the video board?  Would also like a pic of the same wires where they plug into the chassis. 

I've been having trouble understanding one thing on the schematics and those two pics would really help.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:57:36 pm »

Not sure what you need the pic for. The video goes out of the 6 pin header of the PCB and goes right into the monitor with separate cable than the wire harness.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
MagicMarc-er

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 12:00:30 pm »

Ian - I am trying to understand how to handle the yellow wire (pin 5 I think on the schematic) is listed as "Yel + Shield Gnd".  It sounds like I'm supposed to tie the yellow wire to a ground wire after it leaves the chassis but it doesn't show up that way on the drawing.  Pull up the Galaga schematic and see if you can tell what I mean.  Any help would be great.

Not sure what you need the pic for. The video goes out of the 6 pin header of the PCB and goes right into the monitor with separate cable than the wire harness.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:26:27 pm »

Pin 5 just goes to the ground pin on the monitor input header

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
MagicMarc-er

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 06:05:03 am »

Thanks, Ian.  I guess I was over thinking it a bit.
VertexGuy
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 12:59:09 am »

Exactly what he said,, you can also go by a ms pac mini.. they are same
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: