John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:34:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know this PCB 108 in 1 SD ?  (Read 2945 times)
UltimateW

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2014, 01:37:41 pm »

http://www.arcadeshoppen.dk/mediafiles/images/produkter/games/108-in-1_SD.jpg?osCsid=qlkn3i9vpis4i73gbqoq111l87

I got a couple of these, but the seller has not provided any info on them Smiley have mailed him, but I like to know more know.

Got them for a round 50$ I know they need a VGA Converter, but do know know what they needed to be converted from Smiley

If you guys have anything to add it would be cool.

Also got a bucket load of buttons and 4 joysticks.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 03:19:24 pm »

I hope you got the SD cards too that hold the roms and the serial match, otherwise they ain't gonna play, put the SD card in the slot and place in a jamma cab, wither output to monitor or PC screen.

You have this by the looks of it. Or at least the guts of it.

http://www.sunamusement.com/product/Arcade-Video-game-machine/Jamma-board/108-in-1-JAMMA-board-13.html

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
UltimateW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:02:32 pm »

Hi Lesoleil,

The board has onboard 2GB with the roms, no SDcards seems to be sold with these, so tough luck I guess.
Could you help out a newbie here, what is the significance on the serial match? on the roms on board or is it the SD and board ?

The VGA is dead, not connected to anything, the reseller says the producer had planed to make an addon for that, but never got it done.

Got the Connector layout for it, no video in the Jamma port on it.

A working Jamma CAB here is around 600$+, a decent one 900+, have yet to get lucky and find something nice not costing more then I have on the budget for it, so for this we are building our own, with the Wee-cade as a template.

Back to the board
So I have composite out, need to find a composite to vga converter that will not break my wallet Smiley

We have a few 19" 4:3 PC monitors for the project.

Thinking about getting my hands on a few AT PSU, but open to suggestions what to get, must assume I need to power a converter aswell, trying to keep it light as well, but its our first build and we are not expecting the next revolution in cabinet building Smiley , just hoping for a decent result and some hours spend gaming Cheesy

/UW
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 04:28:25 pm »

Hi,

I always thought the roms were on the card, but definitely there's some serial number matching to card and board to get the thing to fire up, one doesn;t work without the other.

For all the running round you could be having with this, and if you just want a quick fix option there's no shame in buying a 60 in 1 jamma card, and a switching power supply for your jamma harness, card has VGA out too, and it's hours of fun. Then take it from there.  I'm just concerned this existing board could give you no pleasure and no luck, finding someone to get you a sd card and getting the board to match the serial may mean threads on KLOV or contacting a reseller, which although not impossible is protracted.

I'd go with a switching power supply and jamma harness wiring in your cabinet. It will give you more options, you can then buy jamma games and swap in/out with the aid of a CGA/EGA/VGA card in future should you wish to expand past a 60 in 1. 

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 04:51:45 pm »

what happens when / if the SD card gets corrupted /goes bad? you can't just stick a new SD card in the slot???

seems odd they would make all that hardware simply locked out by a SD card... 

I could see where the board provides a serial # file to the SD card to verify the connection for boot data loading... whatever reason, but its really not up to the hardware design to control piracy is it? ( only reason I could think of needing a locked / matched SD card )
UltimateW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 04:57:23 pm »

Just to be clear, we have not yet had time to power to one of these bad boys, so to that end, there is still some unanswered questions.

we are wiring a edge connector no soldering planed (dunno if it will be needed to get a stable endproduct). So it should be fairly easy to rig it to another board, if we label it well too.

I am not getting the part with the serial (English is a second language).
Do the ROMs contain a serial that needs to match with the board?

Will take the PSU into consideration.

Thanks for your input.
UltimateW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 05:34:21 pm »

Okay got it powered.

It's a ND-3000 board, if any got some info on it, I be happy if you share.

The Front end is a picture of the game and ROMs are stored in zips on the board.

1944 looked laggy with the shadows, Ghost and Ghouls looked okay speed wise.

I need to find a decent Composit to VGA converter now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: