John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:54:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Youtube vids and safe mode.  (Read 2429 times)
P-feif

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2014, 06:50:47 pm »

Hey John I'm not sure what's going on here buy your last 3 video's that you posted to Youtube won't play unless safe mode is disabled. Any idea what's going on? And can it be remedied?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:17:52 pm »

Hey John I'm not sure what's going on here buy your last 3 video's that you posted to Youtube won't play unless safe mode is disabled. Any idea what's going on? And can it be remedied?

Really? What is safe mode? I don't get it!

EDIT: I think it's the sub-title settings I was playing around with. TRY IT NOW and let me know!
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 04:04:52 pm »

Nope. Here I did a copy/paste of the message. Oh and sorry I should have called it Safety Mode, not Safe Mode.

"This video is unavailable with Safety Mode enabled. To view this video, you will need to disable Safety Mode." I think that's the mode Youtube uses to keep questionable content from being viewed by anyone under 18 years old. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen there is a button you can use to choose Safety Mode or not. I think you have to be loged into your Youtube account to use it. I don't personally have a Youtube account because when I tried to open one they wanted more info then I wanted to give. What can I say? I protect my indentity like a mad guard dog.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:09:09 pm by P-feif » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:30:24 pm »

Nope. Here I did a copy/paste of the message. Oh and sorry I should have called it Safety Mode, not Safe Mode.

"This video is unavailable with Safety Mode enabled. To view this video, you will need to disable Safety Mode." I think that's the mode Youtube uses to keep questionable content from being viewed by anyone under 18 years old. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen there is a button you can use to choose Safety Mode or not. I think you have to be loged into your Youtube account to use it. I don't personally have a Youtube account because when I tried to open one they wanted more info then I wanted to give. What can I say? I protect my indentity like a mad guard dog.  

I just watched my last three videos without being logged into Youtube. I don't get it!
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 11:33:49 pm »

I think I may have figured it out. I usually watch your video's from work when on my lunch break. I think it may have something to do with the corporate settings on the company computers. I just tried it from home and they play fine. 
jumblejunkie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:22:21 am »

Must be a thumb ring filter on your work's network

P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 05:04:19 pm »

Just for the record John. The last three vids still won't play due to the "safe mode" but the lastest one that you JUST posted -------- "John plays games in his home arcade - ExciteBike, Ice Climber, Tempest, Tron, Mad Planets, Tapper ."-------- is playing just fine. Not sure why but it's working.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: