John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:19:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Evolution of Arcade Games ?  (Read 1371 times)
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2014, 02:15:30 pm »

I'm no historian, but I always wonder if articles like this do justice to the hobby or a disservice with miss-information and generalizations

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/evolution-arcade-games/#first-comment
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:15:54 pm »

for me they scratch that tiny itch you get for something pretty and arcade related. I give these no weight but that doesn't stop me from reading them.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 10:28:03 pm »

yea I agree with you there

I guess I just get disappointed by my expectations from the title of the link before I get to it

I am hoping for a robust article to get in depth and feed me some knowledge for my arcade fix and it just always seems to fall way short as it almost acts as a gravity page to pull you into the host websites advertising zone and that's it...

I understand how hard it is to write an keep an captive readers, but I guess this is the nature of the internet anymore...
ezsolution

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 10:30:14 am »

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that you guys were disappointed that it didn't itch that scratch. We actually created that graphic for M&P and had a ton more research, but the infographic was so long that we couldn't fit everything.

It really is the nature of the internet now that people just want scannable and quick information. But if you are asking for more in-depth and really want the entire history maybe we can do that. So any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: