John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:12:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zback buttons  (Read 2446 times)
KillerDragon

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2015, 03:28:54 pm »

I am wondering if anyone knows the button placement for the Zback cab? As in what buttons are 1 - 6. I need to know for wiring purpasis as I am converting my Zback cab back into a fighting game from a light gun game.

Dragons rule!!
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 09:56:18 am »

zback is just a cab. are you talking about a specific game, such as street fighter?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 04:46:44 pm »

I'm assuming you are talking about Street Fighter II Champion Edition since those commonly came in Zback cabinets.
Street Fighter games are typically it's laid out like this, with top row buttons 1,2,3 coming from the jamma harness, and the bottom row is laid out with buttons 4,5,6 these are usually coming from a kick harness, occasionally button 4 also comes out of the jamma harness instead of the kick harness, but the control panel layout is still the same.

Hope that helps you.

KillerDragon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 01:27:52 am »

I'm assuming you are talking about Street Fighter II Champion Edition since those commonly came in Zback cabinets.
Street Fighter games are typically it's laid out like this, with top row buttons 1,2,3 coming from the jamma harness, and the bottom row is laid out with buttons 4,5,6 these are usually coming from a kick harness, occasionally button 4 also comes out of the jamma harness instead of the kick harness, but the control panel layout is still the same.

Hope that helps you.

Yes this helps me alot. This will help me wire the buttons up to the harness when I get the stuff to go into the cab. I am rewiring it from a light gun game to a fighting game. So the CP has only the player one and two start buttons(that I will be replacing with new ones.) Am thinking about making it a street fighter game if I can find a cheap board for it.

Dragons rule!!
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 04:33:23 am »

Isn't that normal happ btn?
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 01:46:31 am »

Take a look at the Pandora's Box 3 multi PCB (avoid the yellow and blue colored ones) it has just about every version of Street Fighter 2 and plays very well. it's what I'm using in my SFII cab and is a inexpensive solution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: