John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:04:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Day, eh from Winnipeg, Canada  (Read 1354 times)
Netropolis

@netropolis on Twitter

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2014, 05:16:32 pm »

So it all started with wanting the same pinball game since the mid 1990's I have never seen it for sale and shelling out $2000 for any OTHER pin wouldn't work for me.
I still haven't got the pinball game (Balley's World Cup '94 if you were wondering).

I eventually found MAME, and thought I should put this in a cabinet - as I started to research the idea, I found out about 60 in 1's and JAMMA and before I knew it I was looking for an old cabinet.
My FIRST machine was SUPPOSED to be me gutting it. It was an obscure game from 1987 called Solar Warrior (Xain'd Sleena - Japan) it was in a Jr cabinet.
I got a good and ended up getting it all going eventually...  My 61 in 1 card sat on my desk waiting...

Then I got a great on an Asteroids Cabinet!  It is in MINT condition Probably spent less than 6 months in an arcade and has been in a private collection ever since! 
Turns out  I bought it on Asteroids 35 birthday!  Irony!  Pew Pew Pew!

Today I bought Atari's Tetris in a Dynamo cabinet...  Very clean and the guy practically gave it to me...
All this is Johns Arcades' fault! All I wanted was an empty cabinet so I could throw in a 60 in 1 and an old LCD and voila! 
Then I subscribed to his channel... Now I have to think about what to watch - Walking Dead OR Journey Restore #46?? John in Hong Kong or Sons of Anarchy?
At least I have a wife who is supportive of this back breaking collection I started.
Anyway, Hi Everyone!

1979 Atari Asteroids
1980 Midway Pac-Man (TOTAL Restoration Needed)
1981 Midway Galaga
1982 Atari Pole Position
1986 Atari Championship Sprint
1986 Williams Pin*Bot Pinball
1987 Atari Badlands
1988 Atari Tetris/19-1 Multi-Cade
60-1  DK Jr Cabinet
2002 Hanabi Japanese Slot Machine
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 06:08:25 pm »

Awesome story! Welcome to the site.

WCS '94 shouldn't be too hard to find. They typically sell for $1,500 - $2,000. I passed on two of them in the past two months. I too want the game but just can't swing it righ tnow.
Netropolis

@netropolis on Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:33:31 pm »

Yes, I agree $1500-2000 is a little too steep for me at the moment when I have a vacation to plan etc!  a $75 Tetris with issues... I can handle that!
One day though...
In the mean time, if I see World Cup 94 in one of your videos... We are going to have to arrange for a "John's Arcade (Fan) on the Road!!" because I will want to come and play it!

1979 Atari Asteroids
1980 Midway Pac-Man (TOTAL Restoration Needed)
1981 Midway Galaga
1982 Atari Pole Position
1986 Atari Championship Sprint
1986 Williams Pin*Bot Pinball
1987 Atari Badlands
1988 Atari Tetris/19-1 Multi-Cade
60-1  DK Jr Cabinet
2002 Hanabi Japanese Slot Machine
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: