John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 08:37:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Jamma Upright with 60 in 1  (Read 1842 times)
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2014, 05:34:20 pm »

Hi,
Room is at a premium for the moment till the kids fly the nest, so my multi room man cave is a few years off.

Looking for a Jamma upright, nothing huge, but not a bartop or a cocktail, just an average upright in working order that will satisfy my upcoming midlife crisis.
Ideally with a 60 in 1, but that's not majorly important.  I just want a jamma so I can install a switcher to play pcb's and the 60 in 1 or a 1940 in 1 if i get lucky
I live in wales UK, not looking to spend a fortune.  Please PM me.
Thanks
Dean

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
jow
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 01:39:53 pm »

Hi,
Room is at a premium for the moment till the kids fly the nest, so my multi room man cave is a few years off.

Looking for a Jamma upright, nothing huge, but not a bartop or a cocktail, just an average upright in working order that will satisfy my upcoming midlife crisis.
Ideally with a 60 in 1, but that's not majorly important.  I just want a jamma so I can install a switcher to play pcb's and the 60 in 1 or a 1940 in 1 if i get lucky
I live in wales UK, not looking to spend a fortune.  Please PM me.
Thanks
Dean

Wanna ship one?  My buddy is gonna sell his, but its here in San Diego.  Probably around $300.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 04:48:12 pm »

Hey Jow,

I got mine now thanks, if you scroll through the Flickr you'll see it in all it's filthy glory.

Just in the process of learning all about Jamma, the hard way anyway, already blown a powerpack, that'll teach me to count the right way on the harness next time.

Just learned what daisy chaining was, here's me thinking it's a public school thing but that's just being British.

Got the 60 in 1 ready, new buttons, new joystick, new bulbs, carriage bolts, pcb feet, you name it.
Now all I need it to put it all together again.

Scratching my head on one thing though, I have this multi cable coming from my monitor to a circuit that sits just above the control panel hidden from view, wondering what the  hell it does.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 12:51:47 am »

those shits are so cheap to build.. i got a free zaxxon cab.. ordered a 99 dollar kit .. and used a free dell lcd flipped vertical.
you just plug everything in and your done. people sell those locally here for 1500 ... yeah right.
jow
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 11:55:57 am »

those shits are so cheap to build.. i got a free zaxxon cab.. ordered a 99 dollar kit .. and used a free dell lcd flipped vertical.
you just plug everything in and your done. people sell those locally here for 1500 ... yeah right.

My buddy is trying to sell his for $300.  Thats not terrible IMO.
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 04:04:45 pm »

With a decent cab, plexi and contr panel... id say $500 is a good base price.
I was gonna do a run of five matching 60 in 1's   with mid sized tempest shaped cabs... woodgrain sides, plexi over LED and classic style button layouts.
and pound those out for 500 a pop. I got friends that own garages and tattoo shops and stuff.
I also have a friend that works for signpro (makes our car club decals)  make some side art for the buyers shop logo.

I can pull it off for 200 or less in parts and materials.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: