John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:08:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from the UK  (Read 1639 times)
Shun_di

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »

I've been watching John's Arcade vids for a while now and it has to be my favourite channel on youtube.
I wish I had a basement to fill full of arcades, however I've made a start on my garage  Grin
I've got a mame cab with integrated Dreamcast and beer fridge and a Naomi Universal.

However I want a dedicated classic in the garage now but they can be quite pricey in the UK (average £500-£1000).
So, having been inspired by John's Pac-man cabaret restore, I want one now and I'm going to build one around a Pac-man PCB.

I might need a bit of help with the dimensions though. I have the dimensions of the sides but I need to know the height and angle of the cp and bezel etc. If anyone has a copy of pac-man cabaret plans, I would be most grateful.  Cheesy

lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:52:53 pm »

Hi - welcome.

You are right about the prices...but what you are quoting is ebay prices.
If you get on the Jammaplus and/or UKVAC forums, watch the for sale sections, and post up your wants list you could be pleasantly surprised. Smiley

Good luck!

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
Shun_di

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 03:34:52 pm »

Thanks lesoleil70.

I'm actually a relatively new member on the UKVAC forums and bought a few things from other members (including a monitor chassis for my Naomi). I may do this for the next classic which I think will be a .

However another consideration is the wife  ;)
For some reason she doesn't mind me building one slowly, but would rather we spend our money on unimportant things like the house and the family at the moment.  Roll Eyes ;)

Also, I've already kind of started, by cutting out the sides after finding a to scale sketch up model of a pac-man cabaret.
I just need the internal dimensions now. I might even upload the build to youtube bit by bit.  Grin

EvilOtto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:31:16 am »

Hi buddy.
Im another Englander and Im also on UKVAC.
You need to get those vids uploaded ASAP!
I completely understand where your coming from with scratch builds.
Im looking at a scratch Gyruss build in the new year, I have 2 more cabs I need to get finished first  ;)

Will Gyrate For Gyruss
https://www.ataricollectors.co.uk
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 08:36:22 am »

Welcome to the site! Good luck with your Pac build!
Shun_di

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 03:54:23 pm »

Thanks John. Just finished watching the Puerto Rico vid, looks like you had a great time. That beercade sounded cool, too bad it shut down.

EvilOtto, I will try and get some vids of the build uploaded ASAP. I've got a video of my Mame cab on my poor excuse for a channel (search for shundi12 on youtube if anyone is interested). I need to get lots of arcade goodness on there.

Good luck with your other cabs, are they scratch builds as well?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: