John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:52:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings Programs  (Read 932 times)
VectorAlpha

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2015, 10:26:50 pm »

Hello,
coming from the Pacific west coast. Home of micro beer, hacky sack, wind boarding and Ground Kontrol.

Thank you John for all the tech videos and builds. They help and its always great to see how someone else works. You can learn a lot on how others approach things.

Last year was a banner year found my grail a cut edot and then a seeburg juke about 6 months later and to finish off the year a Tron cocktail. Every one a project on to its own but thats part of the fun. They really become yours once you work on them...and maybe a little swearing at them too.

I start collecting parts about 6 years ago, PCB board sets for TRON and other parts, then parts for a edot. Last year at the Portland Retro Game show I got to help a fellow collector out when his Tron would not work right for the show, switched out the power supply and then the pcbs.. Tron was online for the show. I got to see one of my boardsets work and more important guest at the show had a Tron to play. I learned form that small event. Dippswitch settings, interlocks and duck tape ( we do have duck tape here for real ).
Am a member of the local collectors group here PAC and we are lucky to have a few world champs in a ranks. Some great guys and fun times.

I hope to break the world record on Discs of Tron some day, as it stands am about 150000 away. I just dont play.
In the process of slowly bring back a Tron to life..I mean this cab was empty and was converted to Two Tigers and then Arkanoid.
As of now its all primed and sleeping of the winter.

Last week I picked up a MS Pacman from a fellow collector..so the year is off to a good start. Still so much work to do and so little time.
I look forward to more fun adventures on Youtube with John and his friends and look forward to meeting others here. Heck I might already know you and didnt know you where on here..

Curtis

PS am also On the TDH and RPF for those in the prop and costume stuff..(<------likes to destroy GoBots)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: