John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:34:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zaxxon...  (Read 1628 times)
ArcadeJunkie2099

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:53:24 am »

Depending on who I talk to about this game, it's either desirable or the scourge of the Earth. I'm contemplating buying a pair of them (should be able to combine the two and make a single really nice working one) for $225. I think the price might be a bit high, since I'd have to make two trips to get them both, etc etc.  Any thoughts?

BTW, this purchase would be for a complete restore/resell project, I have no interest in owning this game.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:42:29 am »

Depending on who I talk to about this game, it's either desirable or the scourge of the Earth. I'm contemplating buying a pair of them (should be able to combine the two and make a single really nice working one) for $225. I think the price might be a bit high, since I'd have to make two trips to get them both, etc etc.  Any thoughts?

BTW, this purchase would be for a complete restore/resell project, I have no interest in owning this game.

I passed on a MINT Zaxxon for around $50 or so. I actually like the game but would be worried it has little replay value and most people can't survive in the game for more than 10 seconds. Smiley

$225 for two of them is certainly not a bad if they are complete. I bet the game is worth somewhere around $200 - $300 as it's not that desirable.
ArcadeJunkie2099

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:23:32 am »

That's what I figured. And seeing as I'd probably spend $40 transporting each one in fuel, it's not worth it.  Got an original Glaxian for $75 today, no PCB, and in rough shape...  But, I'm stoked to get to work on that bad mama.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: