John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:11:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Patrick from Michigan  (Read 2171 times)
BigDubDiesel

https://www.facebook.com/NWSoundScaping/

View Profile WWW
« on: November 23, 2016, 05:03:40 pm »

Hey guys! New to the forums but I have listened to AO and VGO for years. I am a huge arcade fan but have yet to start a collection. I recently came across a guy who has a bunch of cabinets in a pole barn that he needs removed for free. He said some of them may have minor issues but all have monitors and wiring etc..... The titles are kinda crap.. Area 51, Police Trainer, Lethal Enforcers and possibly a few others. This could be a good starting point. Also I have a background in audio engineering and electronics and my skill set for repair work is pretty high. My woodwork skills are mid-level but I think I can handle it. Wondering what the forums think about this endeavor and if they have any wisdom to shed! thanks in advance! Kiss

Patrick West
Audiophile, Gamer, Father, Foodie
DeLuSioNaL29

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 05:21:24 pm »

Welcome to the forums!

My advice is to grab them first before anyone else does!  :-)

If you have a garage, that would be best.  You never know what you will find inside of a cabinet, especially from a barn.  Wear gloves and a respirator if possible.  Mouse nests and droppings are common.

DeL
Ramair1997

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 05:49:22 pm »

Welcome! Seek out esquleto in the shout box , he's in Michigan to
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 07:36:02 pm »

Take them all, you can always sell what you don't want to help finance restorations. People really like those gun games for man caves.
BigDubDiesel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 11:16:14 pm »

Thanks guys. A good friend of mine will be making the trip with me to pick these up! Beer will be involved after the 2.5 hour round trip but I think it will be worth it! Good times. I will take video and post it. maybe john will notice.........

Patrick West
BigDubDiesel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 09:12:54 am »

Update. I am getting the games this week, either Wednesday or Saturday. Crossing my fingers here. Will post video and photos as it happens. Who has the best prices for gun game parts?

Patrick West
HowardNag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 04:09:54 am »

Hey Mark Welcome to the site. Good to see another person from SE Michigan on here Maybe we can connect sometime and get some lines wet

BigDubDiesel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 12:32:44 pm »

Hey Howard. Not sure if you were talking about Esquleto but I am from NW michigan, Traverse City to be exact. Long time lover of arcades but just getting into the hobby now with a start of 4 cabs to work on. This will be fun!

Patrick West
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: