John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:29:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo cabinet scratch build  (Read 4048 times)
Jumpman
« on: April 07, 2015, 03:01:15 am »

Hi,
i'm building a nintendo cabinet from scratch and need some help. I still don't know if it's going to be a donkey kong, donkey kong jr, or 3.
This is how it looks right now .
The bezel and marquee holder are homemade and i need to paint them black.
Right now i need the dimensions of the viewing area of the original nintendo monitor (SANYO EZ20) because i'm searching a tv to use.
I'm also willing to buy a control panel even if the wood is in bad condition but the overlay and controls are in recuperable condition.
I'm a student so i don't have a lot of free time, money and access to the cabinet all year so i will not post updates very frequently.
Thanks for the help.
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 05:05:45 am »

How about 3 ?
Jumpman
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 06:19:13 am »

How about 3 ?
If i can find a control panel at the right price...
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 02:29:30 pm »

That's awesome.

-------
Vis3c

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 08:56:30 pm »

Donkey kong 3 doesnt get enough love i think, but Donkey kong is so much better  Roll Eyes

im glad i dont have to make that decision  Tongue
Jumpman
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 06:00:51 am »

Can someone with a SANYO EZ20 measure the viewing area of the monitor?
Hyderyoda

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 12:49:58 pm »

I think I have a Bezel and a marquee and a Control Panel overlay .

Line up ~ Mario wide body, DK ,Time Pilot, Street Fighter II,  Neo Geo , Legends of Gauntlet , Need for speed Underground. Pin Line up (Data East) , Swords of Fury , Mata Hari
Jumpman
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 11:03:16 am »

I think I have a Bezel and a marquee and a Control Panel overlay .

For what game? Can you send me some picture?
thegleek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 05:32:35 pm »

Can someone with a SANYO EZ20 measure the viewing area of the monitor?
What size? I ask because I have a MissCmd cocktail with a 14" Sanyo EZ20 in it. Can't take all this stuff for granted! Smiley
Jumpman
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 07:30:50 pm »

Sorry, i tought there was only one size. The one in the nintendo upright cabinets should be 19 inch.
Jumpman
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 02:16:55 pm »

Small update:
I find a cheap jamma cabinet with a neo geo one slot board so the nintendo cabinet is going to be a vertical monitor cab ( no VS. or mario bros).
I also found a 19 inch tv with scart to use.
Now i "only" need to find a control panel (or at least an orignal joystick), marquee, bezel, coin door and pcb.
If someone in the US finds some beat up cabinet but with recuperable parts i will be happy to buy them.

Jumpman
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 12:34:05 pm »

Small update... I'm finally home and can work on the cabinet. Recently on the web i found some accurate plans for the cabinet and i've checked mine and is "only" 5mm taller. Right now i need to make the slot for the t molding but i don't have a router, i need to find a cheap one.
I still haven't found the marquee, bezel, control panel, pcb, top and bottom bezel retainer. If someone has some of this items please contact me.
ownd225

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 11:52:50 pm »

Jumpman~ "i'm building a nintendo cabinet from scratch and need some help. I still don't know if it's going to be a donkey kong, donkey kong jr, or 3."

I would go with dk 1 or mario bros, depends on what you like more. Oh and beutiful job on the cabinet!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: