John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:15:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it bad that I was all in it for collecting now im in it for on location ??  (Read 2120 times)
Hyderyoda

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2015, 09:20:53 am »

Is it bad that I was all in it for collecting now im in it for on location ??
I started to collect the games just over a year ago. When I got my first 2 at the same time, a Time pilot ans a Street fighter 2 . Then I had to run across a youtube channel John's Arcade . Well I had a home arcade of 9 games in around 7 months . Then a guy from a place in town found out I had games and wanted me to put some on location.Fast forward  4 months later . I have , I think 47 games and around ten of them spit out tickets  Tongue . Sad to say that is what making money for me to be in this hobby / or just plane out pay for parts every week .
So back to the is it bad that I was in it for collecting for me  or is this a ok way to make my collection bigger and let other s play too Huh?

Line up ~ Mario wide body, DK ,Time Pilot, Street Fighter II,  Neo Geo , Legends of Gauntlet , Need for speed Underground. Pin Line up (Data East) , Swords of Fury , Mata Hari
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 11:24:39 am »

my man, you are living the dream, go for it.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
VertexGuy
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:42:17 pm »

id say money wise, I guess it would be a mistake for me..  locating 20 games for a yeah  vs painting one car and making all the money in one shot.
Hyderyoda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 02:13:23 pm »

id say money wise, I guess it would be a mistake for me..  locating 20 games for a yeah  vs painting one car and making all the money in one shot.

Im sorry that makes no since at all . first i hope you meant year not for yeah, and I don't paint cars. Im not in it for the money but to collect more games and Im willing to share only if you have a Quarter  for upkeep !!!!!

Line up ~ Mario wide body, DK ,Time Pilot, Street Fighter II,  Neo Geo , Legends of Gauntlet , Need for speed Underground. Pin Line up (Data East) , Swords of Fury , Mata Hari
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 03:34:05 pm »

Yoda, you have me jealous. I am jealous of what you are doing and I think you should keep it up.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 07:21:14 pm »

Cool dude! Glad to see you can make money with the hobby.
VertexGuy
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 08:09:32 pm »

Im sorry that makes no since at all . first i hope you meant year not for yeah, and I don't paint cars. Im not in it for the money but to collect more games and Im willing to share only if you have a Quarter  for upkeep !!!!!

Would you stick a dedicated Journey machine or dragons lair  in a location and share that?

Oh im sorry what I meant was, id rather $3000 painting a car in a week than put 20 of my machines out at locations.
when this fucking snow goes away , ill be more on the car scene until next fall.

Hyderyoda

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 06:54:12 pm »

Cool dude! Glad to see you can make money with the hobby.
Not sure If I make money but it does buy me parts and more games !! Smiley
And for Vex Yea I do put dedicated games out there every one of them is  but one Neo Geo . Not sure on the Pins but I think there all dedicated too  Grin 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: