John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:19:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I dont get it  (Read 1959 times)
Hyderyoda

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2015, 08:57:01 am »

OK Turtles worked for 2 weeks I go in Yesterday and now it does not power up . It keeps blowing a fuse . The power switch on top  fell apart . I cut the wires from it to keep a idea of where they go . I can get the door light to come on. But soon as I connect the other side it pops the fuse . Is't reading 120 v . Should I have 120 v running up to the switch on top of  the cab ? I changed the power supply. I worked on it over 4 hrs it has a hack job on it where the back door switches are all gone .If someone can seend me a lay out of the wiring and what Volts each  should be ! Thanks guys . Huh?

Line up ~ Mario wide body, DK ,Time Pilot, Street Fighter II,  Neo Geo , Legends of Gauntlet , Need for speed Underground. Pin Line up (Data East) , Swords of Fury , Mata Hari
Treguard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 10:34:15 am »

This goes a bit beyond me, sorry--best I can offer you is this simple AC flow chart from the manual, and the manual itself for you to dig through the Schematics:

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Arcade//Manual/formated/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_-_1989_-_Konami.pdf
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 11:16:56 am »

OK Turtles worked for 2 weeks I go in Yesterday and now it does not power up . It keeps blowing a fuse . The power switch on top  fell apart . I cut the wires from it to keep a idea of where they go . I can get the door light to come on. But soon as I connect the other side it pops the fuse . Is't reading 120 v . Should I have 120 v running up to the switch on top of  the cab ? I changed the power supply. I worked on it over 4 hrs it has a hack job on it where the back door switches are all gone .If someone can seend me a lay out of the wiring and what Volts each  should be ! Thanks guys . Huh?

I would try to isolate the problem by disconnecting stuff and powering it on.

#1 - disconnect the monitor. Still blow fuse?
#2 - disconnect the coin doors. Still blow fuse?
#3 - disconnect the game PCB. Still blow fuse?
#4 - disconnect the power supply. Still blow fuse?
#5 - disconnect the marquee light. Still blow fuse?

etc etc

Keep disconnecting stuff until you find what is blowing the fuse.
Hyderyoda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 04:29:30 pm »

man i got to get back out there and take a look. Looking at the AC flow chart there is no way I should get the power supply on  with just line 4 on Huh??? Man they did a hack job on this ? Does the fluorescent lamp run the coin door lights or is that for the marquee ?

Line up ~ Mario wide body, DK ,Time Pilot, Street Fighter II,  Neo Geo , Legends of Gauntlet , Need for speed Underground. Pin Line up (Data East) , Swords of Fury , Mata Hari
VertexGuy
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 01:57:40 am »

man i got to get back out there and take a look. Looking at the AC flow chart there is no way I should get the power supply on  with just line 4 on Huh??? Man they did a hack job on this ? Does the fluorescent lamp run the coin door lights or is that for the marquee ?

that's just for the marquee but marquee light fixtures are funny like that.. they effect other things in the cab when you get a bad ballast.

So what you are sayin is, you bypassed both interlock switches and the power switch, and you are still blowin fuses.
I do what john said, I pull the plugs one at a time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: