John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 05:07:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pac-Man Restore part 8  (Read 2263 times)
Crazybanana

View Profile WWW
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:38:51 pm »

I have a little Remington propane heater and it works great! tried the electric one also totally useless (yes my garage is a total mess, has been super busy)
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t680/Sean_Mc_Dermott/IMG_2197_zpsf6593a6a.jpg

I do use a better plate for leg levers happ Part # 49-1500-00 these seem to hold up better on the route.
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t680/Sean_Mc_Dermott/IMG_2198_zps9a29f7e8.jpg
also all the cab pac mans I have seen have had the wood rails on the bottom think was to protect the sides from the dolly  
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 02:53:11 pm »

That heater looks great. Smiley

Those plates look pretty heavy duty. I probably should start stocking up on those. However, I have used the Ace Hardware ones like in the video for some time and never really had any issues.

That's good to know about the wood rails. So, I was correct in leaving them on there. Makes sense.
Crazybanana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 03:49:31 pm »

problems with legs usually occur in the moves on and off the truck. no matter how much i tell them to be careful grrrrrr

note:the router is really handy for copying wood control panel's if you don't have access to an CNC machine
you should totally go to the Midwest Gaming Classic also!
well its back to work on mortal combat for me! laters
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 10:24:32 pm »

thank god the rails were correct. i was really biting my nails when you questioned it.. i was like "oh I'm sure John asked a friend that knew or he researched it online...." then you were still not sure I started sweating man. "please restore it like original!" whew that was intense.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Crazybanana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:50:05 pm »

Huh?Huh???
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 04:00:02 pm »

I can't believe It's finished, that game looks great, My Ms Pacman used the full sideart vinyl and I was sweating bullets the entire time applying it and watching you do it I was re-living that... heck, I even had that little bit of cabinet showing! but on mine it was the back edge. The cabinet looks awesome and I can't believe you got it to fit down there Grin

Great Job on that and thanks for the videos, this series certainly brought me lots of entertainment.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 11:00:55 am »

I can't believe It's finished, that game looks great, My Ms Pacman used the full sideart vinyl and I was sweating bullets the entire time applying it and watching you do it I was re-living that... heck, I even had that little bit of cabinet showing! but on mine it was the back edge. The cabinet looks awesome and I can't believe you got it to fit down there Grin

Great Job on that and thanks for the videos, this series certainly brought me lots of entertainment.

Thanks, buddy! Yeah, that full cabinet sized vinyl is STRESSFUL!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: