John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:23:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newest Gen.  (Read 2748 times)
Space Avenger

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2014, 12:49:17 am »

I'm considering buying a new consoles but I don't know which console I should purchase. Let me know what you guys think of each.
VertexGuy
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 07:40:51 am »

I bought four ps4's, three xbox one's and 3 wii U's

It was a pre purchase thing,  I kept one of each and sold the others off .
made some money and my systems paid for themselves.
anyways..

The Wii U.
well with all three I got them when they were released so nothing really exciting was going on with the games at the time.
The wii U is aimed more for younger audience. theres a buncha gimmicky stuff you can do online with it.
has some decent titles.  not a fan of the controller (if it breaks your fucked, its bound to the system)
my buddy rick found that out the hard way. try buying another unless you have a dope ass warranty .
They have older nes stuff for sale and download in the market.. but I already own snes, nes, sfc, fc ,gc and n64 so its pointless.
The wii had turbografx 16 titles for download but they took that network down recently.

THE PS4..
Love everything about it except it don't have youtube .  
You can just turn the machine on and play a damn game . the xbox one does a buncha sign in bullshit and floods you with ads.
Your games from PSN network do not carry over.  Limited stuff in online market. You do not have to have a psn account to use this console but it helps.
better controller than xbox one that's for sure. Your PSN games do not carry over.
Not a fan of the headset included.
Games like COD Ghost still have that shittty lobby where you have to mute everybody one at a time.

The xbox one...
Your account carries over.. the games you already bought for the xbox 360 do not.
Your MS points/ balance does. MICROCHARGING .. I hate that shit.
Example.. KI you have to pay to have all the content unlocked .  40 bux.
controller feels like its breaking in your hands. headset sucks.
once you get it goin , the online play is better on xbox one.. (ps4 looks better)
it does have youtube but will hound you every two videos and ask if you are still there and to wave
at the ghey kinnect . I think you can shut that off now. YOU NEED a gold account for 80% of the use of this machine.

TOO many ads..  holy shit , 500 bux and I thought I bought a videogame console.. instead you get constant ads and commercials.

If I had to sell 2 of the three.. the PS4 would stay.
Remember this though.. anybody that just owns one or two of the systems will stick up for those two.
unless you have all three and game alot your not gonna get a fair answere.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:43:22 am by VertexGuy » Logged
Space Avenger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 03:46:39 pm »

I bought four ps4's, three xbox one's and 3 wii U's

It was a pre purchase thing,  I kept one of each and sold the others off .
made some money and my systems paid for themselves.
anyways..

The Wii U.
well with all three I got them when they were released so nothing really exciting was going on with the games at the time.
The wii U is aimed more for younger audience. theres a buncha gimmicky stuff you can do online with it.
has some decent titles.  not a fan of the controller (if it breaks your fucked, its bound to the system)
my buddy rick found that out the hard way. try buying another unless you have a dope ass warranty .
They have older nes stuff for sale and download in the market.. but I already own snes, nes, sfc, fc ,gc and n64 so its pointless.
The wii had turbografx 16 titles for download but they took that network down recently.

THE PS4..
Love everything about it except it don't have youtube . 
You can just turn the machine on and play a damn game . the xbox one does a buncha sign in bullshit and floods you with ads.
Your games from PSN network do not carry over.  Limited stuff in online market. You do not have to have a psn account to use this console but it helps.
better controller than xbox one that's for sure. Your PSN games do not carry over.
Not a fan of the headset included.
Games like COD Ghost still have that shittty lobby where you have to mute everybody one at a time.

The xbox one...
Your account carries over.. the games you already bought for the xbox 360 do not.
Your MS points/ balance does. MICROCHARGING .. I hate that shit.
Example.. KI you have to pay to have all the content unlocked .  40 bux.
controller feels like its breaking in your hands. headset sucks.
once you get it goin , the online play is better on xbox one.. (ps4 looks better)
it does have youtube but will hound you every two videos and ask if you are still there and to wave
at the ghey kinnect . I think you can shut that off now. YOU NEED a gold account for 80% of the use of this machine.

TOO many ads..  holy shit , 500 bux and I thought I bought a videogame console.. instead you get constant ads and commercials.

If I had to sell 2 of the three.. the PS4 would stay.
Remember this though.. anybody that just owns one or two of the systems will stick up for those two.
unless you have all three and game alot your not gonna get a fair answere.

Cool thanks, I have been leaning towards PS4 and I think I will end up getting it but I'm gonna wait a little longer.
airsoftmodels

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 11:59:36 pm »

I highly recommend listening to John's other podcast Video Game Outsiders for a great perspective on this issue.  Right now the best bet is to go for the Wii U, which has the largest game library, and keep playing your PS3 or Xbox 360 which are still releasing games.  Remember to drive on the ceiling.
Space Avenger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 12:59:44 pm »

I highly recommend listening to John's other podcast Video Game Outsiders for a great perspective on this issue.  Right now the best bet is to go for the Wii U, which has the largest game library, and keep playing your PS3 or Xbox 360 which are still releasing games.  Remember to drive on the ceiling.

Does Wii U have Twitch, YouTube, Netflix, etc?
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 04:30:08 pm »

Buy either ps4 or xbox,
Buy a wii u

That way you got it covered.

I got a funny feeling Wii U is gonna get a boost now with Mario Kart 8, from talking to my eldest kid, it's the MUST HAVE in schools. Nintendo will win the day, regardless of their slow start.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 06:37:47 pm »

I highly recommend listening to John's other podcast Video Game Outsiders for a great perspective on this issue.  Right now the best bet is to go for the Wii U, which has the largest game library, and keep playing your PS3 or Xbox 360 which are still releasing games.  Remember to drive on the ceiling.

Does Wii U have Twitch, YouTube, Netflix, etc?

Youtube and Netflix, yes. Twitch? I don't think so.
VertexGuy
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 07:52:42 pm »

Buy either ps4 or xbox,
Buy a wii u

That way you got it covered.

I got a funny feeling Wii U is gonna get a boost now with Mario Kart 8, from talking to my eldest kid, it's the MUST HAVE in schools. Nintendo will win the day, regardless of their slow start.

Yeah it will save the wii U's ass for alittle while til smash bros comes out.
then it better get a grip on another 20 titles right quick.. that xbox one can wipe the wii U out just with downloadable games alone.

I don't even wanna mention what COD Ghost is doing right now.. so many map pack updates , good thing I got the premium
Space Avenger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 10:08:29 pm »

I decided I will save up and purchase a Wii U because of that fact that I do not play shooter games at all. Thanks everyone for helping me decide what console to purchase.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 10:31:51 pm »

I decided I will save up and purchase a Wii U because of that fact that I do not play shooter games at all. Thanks everyone for helping me decide what console to purchase.

You'll have fun with it. Great games on the system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: